Placed a phone order last Tuesday (7/26/11) for grommets and was told they would be shipped that day. Was also told shipping would take about four days. So, here it is Monday (8/01/11) and no shipment. So, I call US Cutter again, 30 minutes on hold listening to the recording about how they care about their customers. Finally Benjamin answers, I explain about the order I placed. He then tells me that order is there but no payment has been made. I used a credit card the day I ordered! Ben tells me the guy that took the order must not have known how to process payment. I tell Ben my sob story of how I am now out of grommets and have jobs lined up waiting on them. My question to him was, if there was a problem why didn't anyone call me? If I had known there was a problem, I would have called back sooner but with shipping times....today should have been the day they got here. How was I to know US Cutter has a problem? So now we need to start all over again. I give Ben my order and credit card numbers again. Shortly there after Ben calls me back and tells me that the credit card isn't working and wants to know if I have another form of payment. I finally told him to just cancel everything. Jumped right onto the phone and called N. Glantz. My new grommet press and grommets are on the way, using the same credit card. Thanks you US Cutter for all your help.

• Like 3

Sometimes credit cards don't process there has been times that I have tried two or three times and for some reason they would not go thru maybe a glitch in the software or whatever .

• Like 1

still though, they had his info, easily could have called.

and the excuse that an employee whose job it is to take orders doesnt know how to process a credit card for payment lol, wow.

• Like 1

Still we deal with a few people a day and there are times that I forget to return calls in uscutters defense they probably deal with hundreds if not more calls a day that is no excuse for me or them but it happens. And as far as employees not doing what they are supposed to do when you have had as many employees as I have had over the last 45plus years of business you just grow to expect the screw UPS. No excuse but it just happens.

• Like 2

why does everyone seem to stick up for this crappy company? jeeez, ordered 600 dollars worth of material from them, their "prime" polychrome gold wont adhere to anything, and the banner i ordered was not shipped with my order, all it says is TBD...great,real cool guys, nevermind substituting it, or calling ME at time of order and letting me know that i wouldnt get what i have already been charged for, or even giving me an eta,or a refund.so now i have actually entered a support ticket to try to get to the bottom of this sillyness. maybe the four or five guys who's job it is to stick up for uscutter on this forum and make excuses for them should apply to work in the customer service department, because if they did half as good of a job at that as they do on singing the praises of us cutter and passing the blame,there would be no dis-satsisfied customers. this is a one time company,as in you will only do business with them one time, then you will know better.

Sure doesn't help to use the wrong products together, Personally, I wouldn't use Clear Choice AT-60 on Metallics, I would use paper tape. And with wetting Clear Choice, there is no way for the water to evaporate using Clear Choice At-60 which you stated you are using in a different thread. Use the right products for the right installation. There are different tapes and different tacks of tape for a reason. A good name brand paper tape is the way to go. Wet or dry.. in my opinion.

I have never had any problems with the items I have purchased from UScutter.

• Like 1

That is the way it is Skeeter people screw up then blame the vendor for it. I have made many bad choices and mistakes in my years of working but I blame my self when I make mistakes. As far as taking up for us cutter I have always got good service so yes I will stand up for them from my experiences.

• Like 3

ok guys, i may not know as much as you, but that dosent discredit my issues. ok, i can accept the fact that i was using the wrong kind of transfer tape. as for the wet application, as this is a practice i use on orcal products, its not one i have used on the prime gold series, it wouldnt work in the least. like i stated the vinyl will not adhere to surfaces, even without tape tape applied of any sort. so you claiming my in-experience in tape is making the adhesive fail is just outrageous. there was also no excuses made for my order bieng incomplete, and still no update or word on it, or the "ticket" i submitted. id gladly send you and whoever else is interested a sample of what i received, as i know at this point the customer service is relatively non-existent. so you "never having a problem" dosent fix my problems in the least. so its alright to get jerked around and sold expired products because i dont know the proper tape to use on them?

ok guys, i may not know as much as you, but that dosent discredit my issues. ok, i can accept the fact that i was using the wrong kind of transfer tape. as for the wet application, as this is a practice i use on orcal products, its not one i have used on the prime gold series, it wouldnt work in the least. like i stated the vinyl will not adhere to surfaces, even without tape tape applied of any sort. so you claiming my in-experience in tape is making the adhesive fail is just outrageous. there was also no excuses made for my order bieng incomplete, and still no update or word on it, or the "ticket" i submitted. id gladly send you and whoever else is interested a sample of what i received, as i know at this point the customer service is relatively non-existent. so you "never having a problem" dosent fix my problems in the least. so its alright to get jerked around and sold expired products because i dont know the proper tape to use on them?

now you want to change your story, on the wet application on the gold vinyl ? This post you wrote, is ONLY talking about applying the Creative Gold vinyl. as you stated (wet or dry) you applied it with R-Tape At-60. Expired products? Did you see a date on it? You have no clue how to apply the vinyl correctly. Because you have no clue how to apply vinyl correctly, that automatically makes the vinyl defective and old.? You would have the same problem with a roll dated 1/3/2012.!!! Your inexperience definately shows.

You wrote this on another thread about applying (wet and dry) with the Gold series. No mention of Oracal vinyl here. REMEMBER??

Your complaining, because you have no knowledge or experience, Guess you gotta blame somebody huh? Certainly couldn't be you.. right? You already know it all.

wrong tape, wrong application..

somewhat related-i bought a roll of the creative films prime series gold,i figured since i spent more id get a superior product. boy was i wrong.this stuff look great,and cuts with ease, then the happy times end. weeding sucks, and for whatever reason,no matter what the surface(glass metal plastic) its almost impossible to apply the vinyl (wet or dry) the r-tape clear choice at-60 refuses to let go,i spent almost two hours yesterday applying to a customers car, by picking off every detail individually with an exacto blade.im pretty much at the point where im afraid to even sell this product, as i know it will breed dis-satisfied customers. does anyone have any idea why this is happening? is it the transfer tape? maybe an old roll? can someone tell me how i can find the expiration date on this specific product?

like i said id love to send you a sample to show you what i received. but clearly your an angry old man, who's only reason to come on here is to flame people. i get it, your a jerk. cool.i may have said wet or dry, that does not invalidate my problem! like iv'e stated,ive tried to apply thee vinyl without any adhesive,or moisture so how could those still make all 10 yards not adhere to any surface? you still havent mentioned my order issue. is that related to my inexperience as well? no its not, none of it is,and you know it. but since i typed wet or dry out of frustration, everything else is moot.thanks for the help.soooo glad this resource is here so you can try to invalidate my problems! i guess you dont want a sample because then you would actually see the problems im having are legitimate,regardless of my inexperience. you forget you wre not born with this ability, it was a skill learned,over time.but that is all irrelevant to the facts i have stated here.

name calling shows your lack of maturity.. and also against forum rules. Like I said, use the right products together. It was adhered to the wax paper backing wasn't it? Of course it was, or you couldn't have cut it. You stated it cut very easily. .

You said it yourself.. You had to take the vinyl off the tape (R-TapeAt-60),,individually to apply it to the customers car.. wrong tape. Your pulling it right off, too much tack on the tape for 1 mil vinyl.

Your statement below:

,i spent almost two hours yesterday applying to a customers car, by picking off every detail individually with an exacto blade.im pretty much at the point where im afraid to even sell this product, as i know it will breed dis-satisfied customers. does anyone have any idea why this is happening? is it the transfer tape? maybe an old roll? can someone tell me how i can find the expiration date on this specific product?

WITH NO TRNAFER TAPE THE VINYL WILL NOT ADHERE! how many diffrent ways can i say it? order still incomplete, and no return on my ticket! im sure its against forum rules to bash people too, but you have no problem doing it.

Get the correct tape, and apply it correctly, in the temperatures that are suitable for applying vinyl on a clean surface..And squeegee it real good. Once you have attempted to apply it and pulled it back up, (with too tacky of a transfer tape), you have taken the adhesive away from the decal. Good luck in the future..

depends on what im applying to. try to use rubbing alcohol when possible,then a rinse with water. if its a surface that will "react with the alcohol i use a simple soap and water, making extra care to rinse away soap residue. i live in florida, its hot year round here,so temp wasnt the issue. i tried everything i could think of,(experimented on a couple yards!) including hairdryer and heat gun. thats with the vinyl being transfered without tape, just the exacto knife,right to the surface. dont get me wrong, i want this product to work. i love my cheap little re-branded liyu sc,and i dis-regarded all the mouth breathers on here demonizing us cutter because they are to stupid to follow directions, but this stuff will not stick,and customer service at least in my experience here is indeed lacking. i realized i came out swinging,but this sucks, i have no problem learning on orcal 652, its half the price. but when the product that i bought at twice the price dosent even come close to half the quality of the intermediate vinyl, you have to understand my dis-enchantment.and the issue with an incomplete order for a week with not even an email reply is not great customer service.i do have ALOT to learn,but if the isnt performing to spec, i cant.

"like i said id love to send you a sample to show you what i received. but clearly your an angry old man, who's only reason to come on here is to flame people. i get it, your a jerk. "

Name calling is against forum rules. But let me set you straight.... Skeeter is probably one of the most helpful people on this forum.If you bothered to check, you would know this. Skeeter is also not a man. This is also easy to check.

As for your problem...has it ever occurred to you that maybe you just got a bad roll? Sometimes, it happens. Before you insult the entire customer service department,why don't you give them time to respond to your complaint? They are coming off of two long holiday weekends in a row and could be that they are backed up.

Meanwhile, you really should pay attention to what Skeeter has to say. Her experience puts you in the shade.

• Like 3

ok i never claimed to know it all,i know very little in the grand scheme of things. got ahold of customer service.thank you to them. but trolling all my posts and de-constructing them in a public way to make me look like a bigger idiot than i actually am isnt constructive in any way. this is the venting section correct? where i go to VENT my frustration. thats all i was doing. im so sorry if that does not coincide with your views,it was an attempt to get a quicker response from customer service and im pretty confident it worked. you get more flies with honey than vinegar does not apply to customer service, the squeaky wheel gets the greasin. you guys love to bust on frustrated people, its all over this board.in-experience is nothing to make fun of someone for. at one time you john,and you skeeter were new to this craft and im sure got frustrated at something. but even if someone is mad, and flying off the handle,and saying silly $hit,you can try and remember that, and not run them into the ground because its easier than explaining. and again i never made any attempt to dis-credit skeeter, even through the references to my in-experience being the cause to all my woes, she did teach me a bit about pairing the right transfer tape to the right material. owell chalk it up to "learning", but im not gonna be able to do anything about this roll, because it is,after all at this point a partial roll. i didnt realize i could be sent a "bad roll" and that seems like somewhat if a cop-out to me. im honestly over it. there are plenty of other brands i can try to get the results im looking for. ijust dont want to flush 40 dollars down the toilet on any more "bad rolls".

• Like 1

Anyone seen Rodger lately?

THAT is hilarious John :) I got a good chuckle out of it :) . I read this earlier but wanted to read the whole thing before giving my opinion & perspective . Since I " might " be included in the group described ..... I'll answer the initial question " why does everyone seem to stick up for this crappy company? " . It is because we are fair , mature people who shoulder our own realistic responsibilities & treat others like we want to be treated . We don't think the universe or any business like USCutter revolves around us or the business we give that company . We realize a major purchase of $600 in materials made by other companies , does not make that company drop everything & put that customer at the front of the line . We don't use the forum that USCutter supplies to beat them over the head to get faster reaction . Learning curves can be expensive in any endeavor ... realistic people accept lessons like that or go slower & much more carefully . That post ( # 5 ) & it's content makes me think trolling was a major intent . I can say sincerely I will be sorry to see this member go since " this is a one time company,as in you will only do business with them one time, then you will know better. " I assume that includes using that companies forum ?? Another saying besides the " squeaky wheel " saying is " mix dirt & water ... everytime you get mud " . Talk to companies , people ... especially members like Skeeter who helps an extreme amount like you did & expect to get a negative reaction , especially from loyal customers & friends who appreciate the forum being supplied . If this forum is not your cup of tea & you don't appreciate it , we will go on without you :) . Post in a mature respectfull manner & you will learn much from the members on this forum . I added you my list of candidates for " Drama Queen of 2012 " Last years winner will be hard to beat , but you have a chance .

• Like 2

Amen to that awesome reply Rodger. I too will learn from this as I'm still new to forum etiquette and I learn something new everyday from posts like this and others. Thank You! The help I've received from this community and the business I've done with UScutter I truly am grateful.

TomasB

Thanks Tomas ,

All it takes is a bit of common coutesy , common sense & respect . With those almost anything can be said or discussed . I like this forum for a bunch of reasons .. 1 of them being it is kept civil . I like to disagree & have others disagree with me as much as I like to agree with others & have them agree with me . It opens up different perspectives that influence 1s own perspectives . I have adjusted my perspective countless times just from input from this forum . Many take disagreement as personal ... it is if done in the manner post #5 was done in ( post # 5 was MUCH more than just disagreement , that was begging for a confrontation , hence why I think the motive was to troll ) . I have always said somebody can cuss me out & make me laugh & somebody can call me sir & piss me off .. it all depends on how they do it . Over the internet , it is very hard to know how to take certain posts , but posts like # 5 & that members following posts , can't be taken any other way than being abusive & offensive . I am sure nobody would want to be treated abusively , so why treat others like that . Nobody is prefect , that is why there is erasers on the end of pencils . Some people get very dramatic over trivial things . In the grand scheme of things if karma is practiced , everybody fairs better . 99.999999 % of the members here are great ... just a few that don't show common courtesy or respect . They usually leave 1 way or another :) . Some past offensive members adjusted their perspectives/manners & settled in , we will see how this member decides to procede .

Anyone seen Rodger lately?

I was pondering things ... got to thinkinig about some of the " group " & realized I have not read anything from Stetty's gal Roxy . This time of year i know many get extra busy & don't have the time . She has not been on the forum for about a month ... come to think of it Stetty has been inactive about that long also .... HMMMMhhhh :lol::angel::bear:

I know there is a steady flow of new members who join , learn , get the clip art they want & get tired of this site ,then move on ,... many long time members eventually burn out & get inactive ... Even everybodies & my hero Skeeter took a break 1 time ^-^ . I enjoy the fellow " characters " , the " normal " members , the VERY helpfull members like Skeeter & Jay etc & everybody in between . :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Somehow, I feel left out and forgotten... :(:unsure::blink::lol::bear:

Bear , YOU are right in the middle of the " characters " description !!! ^-^:angel::bear: