Guest sciondrgn

Basic Inkscape 1 - Converting your Image into a Vector for Cutting

Guest Terry

Nice job sciondrgn. How about doing a video on how to make a you tube video? I'm lost, what do I need? I'm sure I have it but don't know the first thing to do.

Guest sciondrgn

Worked great - now how do I get just the shape to cut?  Mine also cuts an unwanted rectangle around the design...

You may have to clean or remove parts of the image you do not want, The inkscape trace may not be perfect. Once youve cleaned it up to your liking export it as EPS and open it in your cutter software of choice as inkscape doesnt interface with the cutters themselves you will use Signblazer,FlexiSign or Other cutter software to actually cut the decal

Ok, this is great but anyone have some tips on images with color's??? In VM I was able to vector colored images and then cut the images as different layers and apply them on the cars I put them on.

unfortunately Inkscape only does black and white. Corel Trace will do colours but you end up with a vector for each shade you will have to reduce the amount of colours to get less vectors. IMHO converting color to b&w and then vectorizing gets a better product even if you have to separate the different items for your colours.Less clean up time in the end.

Bill