I just watched the video at the American Button Machines site. Okay, that all metal button machine looks a whole lot simpler to use. I can't say from experience, but it might make the production easier and less tedious. Not enough for me to switch, but enough that I might look more into it if I was buying a new machine. I am guessing that the machines they sell are the same as the Tecre ones. Look the same anyway. Twice the cost to get set up but may be worth it?

They are a distributor of Tecre but $100 more than the sale price . The Tecre machine took a good pull to finish the job . I think an extension handle would fix that .. Hmmm ... USC Super Hog buttons :D:bear:

They are a distributor of Tecre but $100 more than the sale price . The Tecre machine took a good pull to finish the job . I think an extension handle would fix that .. Hmmm ... USC Super Hog buttons :D:bear:

I like the idea of USC SH buttons..

But Roger yours will need to say I LOVE LEATHER USCSH!!! :lol::lol:

They were $100 less than the $229 price? Wow!

We could always make Rodger a leather button! (in pink of course ;D )

I like the idea of USC SH buttons..

But Roger yours will need to say I LOVE LEATHER USCSH!!! :lol::lol:

The Tecree 225 with the punch was $100 more on that website than what Tecree is selling that for right now . I have found that combo with 1000 kits for $406 on e-bay . I am gonna beat the bushs & keep my ear to the ground for a better deal since I am in no hurry :) . I like leather , but not taking up all the gallery on the main page here :) .

Stetty is grasping .. I got him GOOD & he is bringing it weak with the leather humor :D:D:D:bear::bear::bear:

Roger I think you are smarter than that.....The profit on just 1 sale while you are beating the bushes to save a few $s will pay any extra costs....Just buy a system and start making some money....

• Like 1

I agree about 1 job making more of a difference than finding a better deal , BUT I am so busy right now ( not profitable stuff :angry: ), I don't have the time to really get into it . As soon as I catch up ( maybe in this lifetime ;) ) I am going to buy the 2 1/4" system . Is that the size you have ? Do you have more than 1 size ?

Thanks , I was wondering about a smaller set for key chains . Is the printer you mentioned good enough to print personal pictures for 2 1/4 " buttons ?

It is a B&W printer that works well when printing on bright coloured paper....Pictures usually mean personal sales versus business sales and I avoid them like the plague.....I suppose an Epson 1100 with Cobra Inks would be better for pictures seeing how most folks that do pictures will want colour....I have many other options for key tags so I have never done them with my button maker....They look pretty flimsy to me...

I have 1", 2-1/3" and 3" machines and they have all paid for themselves plus supplies many times over. Don't do the badge-a -minute, I've it's more like 2 minutes and you scrap more parts. I'd check Ebay for machines, I got 2 of mine from there. People buy them with high hopes and then they just sit.

I had a friend years ago that was into making buttons I remember they didnt sell good at his flea market. I don't even want to read any of these posts. Thats all I need is to get into something else :lol: :laugh:

I feel bad after erading some of what has been said, so...

From experience: Way back when, I could pump out 65 to 70 buttons an hour with the bench model Badge-a-Minit system while talking or watching TV. Failures, yes. But maybe one out of 25 and easily fixed with a fingernail pushing the edge of the plastic into the seam. Slows you down, but you collect the bad ones and work on them later. It goes quick and fairly easy.

Not being able to compare the the other system, all I can judge by is the video, which won't show bad ones!

The Badge-a-Minit does take finesse and technique. You have to be good with your hands and be able to understand why something goes wrong. It's not rocket surgery though. I had a 14 yo girl making them in minutes of teaching. But it's far from automatic and you have to pay attention. Also, they're less than half the cost of the 'better' system. Similar to an MH cutter vs the Copam! You get what you pay for and both will do the job.

For business use, I would definitely recommend the better system after seeing the video, assuming the whole system does in fact work better. For personal or occasional use, the Badge-a-Minit works just fine, as long as you do not buy the hand press version!

And Rodger; I just got my new Tandy Leather catalog in the mail (thanks to you renewing my interest). Just speaking of spending money ;D

Anything for a fellow USC Super Hog :D:bear:

Don't worry Stet, I GOT RODGE ON VIDEO!!! He's been thinking about hogs to much man, poor guy hahahaahah

Wrong color eyes .... :D

Wrong color eyes .... :D

Suuureeee thats what they all say heheheheeheh ;)