Hey Greenie , my wife & I have tickets already . Last year we rode the rail.. WHAT a mistake . Hoodlums & gangstas galore . It would be great to meet up with you & anybody else going :thumbsup:

I was thinking Saturday :huh:

Hey Roger you inviting Ash up..He can always bring your favorite hog to ride while you all visit..LMAO!!

Sounds Great, I will also be there on Saturday.

:thumbsup: I'll be the guy with all the USCutter shirt , hat , banners, flags , neon signs etc ( TIC humor ... I slay myself :DB) )

Hey Roger you inviting Ash up..He can always bring your favorite hog to ride while you all visit..LMAO!!

Naa , he will want to show me his tatoo ....... BTW it is Assh :bear:

Naa , he will want to show me his tatoo ....... BTW it is Assh :bear:

OK OK I git it..Tell ASSh that your decked in USC stuff and not to expose himself in public like usual and I will bet he will be ok..At lease for a couple of hours anyways..MAYBE??You also might see if they have a hog tieing contest..He might be a sure bet for that >>LMAO!!

OK OK I git it..Tell ASSh that your decked in USC stuff and not to expose himself in public like usual and I will bet he will be ok..At lease for a couple of hours anyways..MAYBE??You also might see if they have a hog tieing contest..He might be a sure bet for that >>LMAO!!

He told me he has a " ole " on the other butt cheeck , the right side ...... :D

He told me he has a " le " on the other butt cheeck , the right side ...... :D

toooooo funny!!!!!

especially since he told me he had the tatoo done in PINK !!!!

1 week away from the show . Who is in for a Saturday meet up beside Greenie , my better 1/2 & I ?

:huh:

Roger would love to meet your better half and you..But too far away at the moment...Maybe sometime in the fall on your way to or from the south hunt we talked about?? be safe my friend.. :)

Thanks , the show was fun . Got to meet GreenMachine & his brother . 1 item I liked was a button making system . Pin on , key chains , mirrors , bottle opener etc . 2 1/4 " set up model # 225 . Show sale is $400 & $200 supply kit ( price good for 30 days ). Seems like a quick return to pay for the set-up plus the wife likes it . Making personalized buttons might find a niche :) . I hoped you might be making a north bound trip to visit your friend & could stop by , though I don't want to see yur tattoo :D:angel: . I'll try to get together during some phase of the Hog hunt :thumbsup: .

Edit ; 4-got to add supplier info . Tecre ( www.tecre.com )

I have a Tecre button system.....It has made me money for many years and I turn a lot of small orders away....My minimum charge is 35.00 and I get calls form folks that want a handful of buttons for b-day parties, etc.....But they do not want to spend 35.00....But you will find a lot of small businesses and clubs that want 100+....Bright neon paper is popular.......Get a good B&W laser printer and you will be set.....

PS...Speaking of printers, www.newegg.com has a Samsung laser B&W for under 50.00 inc. shipping....Code is EMCYTZ46

Thanks , the show was fun . Got to meet GreenMachine & his brother . 1 item I liked was a button making system . Pin on , key chains , mirrors , bottle opener etc . 2 1/4 " set up model # 225 . Show sale is $400 & $200 supply kit ( price good for 30 days ). Seems like a quick return to pay for the set-up plus the wife likes it . Making personalized buttons might find a niche :) . I hoped you might be making a north bound trip to visit your friend & could stop by , though I don't want to see yur tattoo :D:angel: . I'll try to get together during some phase of the Hog hunt :thumbsup: .

Edit ; 4-got to add supplier info . Tecre ( www.tecre.com )

OHHHHH I only have a couple of friends up north but what your refering to is toooo far north..LMAO!!...I might just have to come a little north to buy a button that says I know someone that loves the feel of leather...

So did you buy the machine? PM me prices I have people ask me about buttons from time to time..and with elections and breast cancer month next month..Save the boobies buttons will go like hot cakes if you have buttons and stickers...then you can sell kickem out of congress buttons for the elections..See the possibilities are endless...LOL :thumbsup::lol:

I went to the site your talking about..Guess it's not so easy to understand that stetson could..LOL..But do you know if they have a video showing the process of making a button on their equipment? OHHHH it Might come in handy for those leather weddings your so fond of!!LMAO!!!Might be able to put are you with the groom or ? on them...LOL..see endless possibilities for selling your butt ons...

They don't sell them at the show . It is $20 shipping so better to get it shipped than lugging it home , especially since they would have to charge sales tax if sold at the show . The semi-automated machine costs $3K , the manual $400 . The only complaint I anticapate is the lever being a little hard to pull in the final part of the manual machine . I would put a handle extension on it . It might loosened up after some use ( Roxy might be able to give us her experience ) , but I would think nobody would like it that tight & everybody would like an easier pull :) . They had people's picture printed & making buttons out of those . I'm sure many grandparents would like some buttons of grand-kids :). They has many colorfull choices & they also had accent rings ( looks like specialy vinyl ) that you could add . that is a 1/4" ring that goes around the perimeter . You snap the key ring chain into the back part afterwards . I think the key ring would be the most popular , especialy for business advertisment . Unless the wife gets into it , I am only gonna dabble , so no big oreders for me right now . If I get more time , I might take on big orders . You might want to get a system yourself since you have employees .

manual set-up 00000http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2bKMgfg64

semi-automated set up

They told me it costs $.25 per button when you add the specialty color ring , $.20 otherwise , but the quick math I did from the componet package special adds up to $.33 each ( estimated $200 with shipping etc ).

Buttons? People buy those?? I bought a Badge-a-minit machine some 25 years ago and still have a box full of parts for button, magnets, mirrors, etc. It's made hundreds of buttons and cheap! But selling never really worked out for me. But I'm not much one for business or selling... Their presses look cheap and not all metal, but they certainly work great...

http://www.badgeaminit.com/index.html

I don't think it will be a hot seller either , but the key chain button might fair better . Maybe some business buddies would want some for promotions . I might try 1 of the Badge a Minit starter kits . Are a;; 2 1/4" blanks the same ? Or do you need to buy from who you bought the machine from ? B-A-N seems pricey on the blanks

In the last year I sold 34 orders and generated just under 3,000 in revenue.....They sell if you promote them.....I mostly sell business to business and I am knocking on doors almost every day....This is not a huge part of my business but like many things I sell, the sum of the part makes for a good living.....My machine was used when I got it, so I never found it hard to operate....

I was thinking it could be a fun thing that would pay for itself & let me decide if I wanted to take it into the " work " aspect . I enjoy doing many things ( good thing as I have never been busy in any 1 business to do great for any length of time )& all together it has always pulled me thru the hard times . Researching e-bay .. WOW . the button market is more flooded than the vinyl cutting market . But i do agree with you , you don't have to compete with price & can hit home run prices on some things if you pick & choose . I found a tecre 225 & punch with 1000 blanks for just over $400 .

Every business in the world is saturated......What makes the difference is going out selling/marketing versus being an order taker....If sell you can be a problem solver and often get higher prices......To give you an example....I have a client that wanted to sell more fresh lemonade (3.25 each and no free refills) versus sodas.....I sold them buttons for the servers to wear, souvenir stadium cups and table tent cards...When their sales "zoomed" price was no longer an object....

• Like 1

I've never bought from anyone else, so I can't say 100% But this site:

http://www.americanbuttonmachines.com/Badgeaminit_Parts.html

seems to say that the BAM parts are a slightly different size. I remember a few years ago reading the same thing, maybe from the same site. I had thoughts of doing more buttons back then but it fizzled out again after making a few for my daughter...

Thanks Bear . i did find out the badge a minit takes a different size than the others . I am going to keep a look out for a Tecre system .