Sign in to follow this  
RickW

question about Flexi8Mac

Asking some advice. I'm at the infant user level. Unpacked my Copam 2500 a few days ago. Got all the connections made via TrippLite, etc. Used SignCut Productivity Pro software and, with beginner's luck, made a few nice signs. I'm not a sign maker - just a nature preserve owner who needs lots of signs.

I'm using an older MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6. Along with my cutter and accessories, I got a copy of Flexi8Mac, but am nervous about installing it. Should I stick with SignCut for a while until I get more experience or jump into the deep end with Flexi? I intend to get a newer model of the MacBook Pro with Lion in the next few days. Should I wait and install Flexi on that machine? I am assuming this USB dongle thingie that US Cutter sent me is needed for Flexi, right?

I found that my SignCut Pro plugin for Illustrator crashes my CS5 Illustrator version. But, I can open an EPS file from SignCut Pro with seemingly none the worst for wear. Using Flexi, how will I import files from Illustrator?

Any advice is appreciated.

Rick

Asking some advice. I'm at the infant user level. Unpacked my Copam 2500 a few days ago. Got all the connections made via TrippLite, etc. Used SignCut Productivity Pro software and, with beginner's luck, made a few nice signs. I'm not a sign maker - just a nature preserve owner who needs lots of signs.

I'm using an older MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6. Along with my cutter and accessories, I got a copy of Flexi8Mac, but am nervous about installing it. Should I stick with SignCut for a while until I get more experience or jump into the deep end with Flexi? I intend to get a newer model of the MacBook Pro with Lion in the next few days. Should I wait and install Flexi on that machine? I am assuming this USB dongle thingie that US Cutter sent me is needed for Flexi, right?

I found that my SignCut Pro plugin for Illustrator crashes my CS5 Illustrator version. But, I can open an EPS file from SignCut Pro with seemingly none the worst for wear. Using Flexi, how will I import files from Illustrator?

Any advice is appreciated.

Rick

Flexi8 is an older version .It seems that the Flexi folks have pretty much abandoned the Mac community when it comes to updates. It wouldn't surprise me if it won't work on Lion at all...but anything is possible. If it came with the Dongle (and it should have) you can install it on more than one machine, just move the dongle as needed.