godstrong1

help bidding decals?

hey guys i need some help bidding some 1 color decals i attached the files below. he wants them about 9" each and about 50 decal all together.

what would you guys charge for something like this? thanks

(Material Cost * Markup) + (Labor Rate * Time) = Price

Example:($0.50 * 15) + ($50 * .125) = $7.50 + $6.25 = $13.75/ea

Those are just sample figures to give you an idea, Then you can factor discounts and etc. Is it 50 different files? I'd charge more for one offs, unless they are samples for future orders.

I'd charge $15ea retail, then discount based on quantity.

$15 each is ABSURD. I know you said discount based on quantity, but even as a starting point, $15 is too high.

There are members on the board here that will do these decals for around $2-3. You can outsource to them if it is not feasible to do yourself.

$15 each is ABSURD. I know you said discount based on quantity, but even as a starting point, $15 is too high.

There are members on the board here that will do these decals for around $2-3. You can outsource to them if it is not feasible to do yourself.

He asked what to charge a client, not for a wholesale rate. If you guys charge people $2-3 retail you are shooting yourself in the foot and killing this market.

sorry i diffident specify myself correctly, my client wants them at wholesale price so he can resell them.

At nine inches longest side, First one no less then 10 each, 2nd, maybe 8, third no less than 15. Thats at a quanity. Have fun with the last one.

If I was broke and starving I would not do these for 2 or 3 bucks a piece. Thats worse than going backwards. 20 peices of the third ones alone will take what? 20 min machine time, 2 hrs to weed, align, tape and seperate? With materials you make what?:huh: No thanks. But thats my shop and not yours. Cant even keep the lights lit for that.

sorry i diffident specify myself correctly, my client wants them at wholesale price so he can resell them.

You still shouldn't offer it at industry wholesale rates to a customer who isn't in the industry, It defeats the purpose of being in business. Usually we sell our products at 75% - 85% of our retail rate to clients who are going to resell it, so a $12 decal gets sold for $9 - $10.20.