Sign in to follow this  
Sdfain

Help me out here with some prices

What kind of shirt?.....

For 144 1 dark colour imprint on a coloured Zorrel tee I would be at 4.38 (or higher) plus art and shipping from my printer to client if any...But most of the time I use transfers even though they will cost a little extra....With screen printing I can not gang images like filling a sheet of transfer paper....If the order is for white, red or black I always have stuff to fill the sheet.....

We would be at $4.75ea on Port&Co or Gildan tee

THanks guys, thats where I am too...just wanted to make sure I am competitive

ok not thread jacking but at that price you are only making 1.00 +/- profit or am i wrong? if you dont want to post i understand but please pm me and tell me how you are making money. we have been asked to get into screen printing and i just don't understand the pricing model.

I have 1.50 profit in mine.....My contract printer has a monster to feed and works very cheap...Plus I am in Canada....

ya I would never be that low. At 100 pcs im still up at 6.50 a peice with 1 hit dark on light garment. To get down below that 5.00 mark your talkin over 500 pcs here and then thats on a white tee only. Although each market area is different that does not seem at all profitable in this area.

I am not the cheapest by far but I do take pride in my work and I do this to make money and pay my overhead.

If its just a one color one side which is what I quoted our profit would be around $2.10 - $2.75ea. But we dont our source it we print in house. Would take about 2.35hrs from start to finish (setup,screens,cleanup..etc

ok not thread jacking but at that price you are only making 1.00 +/- profit or am i wrong? if you dont want to post i understand but please pm me and tell me how you are making money. we have been asked to get into screen printing and i just don't understand the pricing model.

sorry man I didn't see you post,

yes, under $2 profit. Not a ton of markup there. Make a lot on shorter runs though where the price doesn't have to be dropped.

you could have just called to ask instead of threadjacking lol just kidding

sorry man I didn't see you post,

yes, under $2 profit. Not a ton of markup there. Make a lot on shorter runs though where the price doesn't have to be dropped.

you could have just called to ask instead of threadjacking lol just kidding

100 pcs is a short run??!!?? thats like a hour on the press if that even. Takes longer to set up the screens, reg, clean up and blow out than to run the shirts. no way would i do a 100 pcs for that amount. So then what, if you get a 500 or 1000 order what are they? 3 bucks each? I could sub to you, sell my press and make a killing working at the local gas mart!!!!!