ok, so i emailed support and have not heard anything from them. So I am hoping that someone else can assist me.

I purchased the MH-721 and I run Win 7 64bit. First I tried to download the 7 driver, reboot and plug in USB. It says installing driver and then comes back with not installed. My device manager does show a USCUTTER under unknown device but it is not functioning and there are no com ports. I uninstalled each driver before trying the other. So far I have gone through cdm20600, cdm20814_setup, Roland RWD-029, mh-cutter driver [mk] and the USCutter inf on the small cd. Also, the ftdunin (which is supposed to be an uninstaller for the ftdi driver if you still have it and it is not in the add/remove is an empty zip folder)!

For the inf and Roland when I point to it, it says that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Then I found a thread that said that I would need a USB/Serial converter so I went out and bought one. Now when I plug it in it comes back with unknown device. I point it to the driver to no avail. Then I thought, ok I will tell it what it is. First I chose COM and FTDI. Voila, this gave me a com port and it was happy WOOHOO! I changed the flow to hardware and launched SB and made sure that the com ports matched. Made a square and tried to cut. Nothing.... Thought I would install the FTDI USB - Serial converter driver. No com port.

At this point after 2 whole days I decided to bring my netbook home that has Win 7 32bit and try it on there. EXACT same thing!

Now I am completely frustrated and cannot figure out how the heck I can get support? I work for a living and it is not at my house. USCutter hours are the same as mine. So am I supposed to take my cutter to work with me to get support?

I think that the most frustrating (and greedy) thing that I have seen in all of this was that there are posts that say they can get it installed with no issues as long as you pay them. Why not just post what you have found? I know we are all in hard times, but tell me and I will pay it forward! (free of charge of course)

I would REALLY love to use my cutter, but if I do not find a solution soon I think I may look into sending it back :-(

Thanks!

B

I think that the most frustrating (and greedy) thing that I have seen in all of this was that there are posts that say they can get it installed with no issues as long as you pay them. Why not just post what you have found? I know we are all in hard times, but tell me and I will pay it forward! (free of charge of course)

I would REALLY love to use my cutter, but if I do not find a solution soon I think I may look into sending it back :-(

Thanks!

B

I know who you are referring to, as far as paying for fixing your problem, Their living "IS" repairing computers, and computer problems. So, why should they work for FREE? You have spent 2 days trying to get your computer to communicate with your cutter, and pulling your hair out in frustration. Their fee is very small compared to your frustration level right now. Many forum members have used their services and it's a small price to pay. UScutter tech support is FREE...then go with that.

• Like 2

ok, so i emailed support and have not heard anything from them. So I am hoping that someone else can assist me.

I purchased the MH-721 and I run Win 7 64bit. First I tried to download the 7 driver, reboot and plug in USB. It says installing driver and then comes back with not installed. My device manager does show a USCUTTER under unknown device but it is not functioning and there are no com ports. I uninstalled each driver before trying the other. So far I have gone through cdm20600, cdm20814_setup, Roland RWD-029, mh-cutter driver [mk] and the USCutter inf on the small cd. Also, the ftdunin (which is supposed to be an uninstaller for the ftdi driver if you still have it and it is not in the add/remove is an empty zip folder)!

For the inf and Roland when I point to it, it says that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Then I found a thread that said that I would need a USB/Serial converter so I went out and bought one. Now when I plug it in it comes back with unknown device. I point it to the driver to no avail. Then I thought, ok I will tell it what it is. First I chose COM and FTDI. Voila, this gave me a com port and it was happy WOOHOO! I changed the flow to hardware and launched SB and made sure that the com ports matched. Made a square and tried to cut. Nothing.... Thought I would install the FTDI USB - Serial converter driver. No com port.

At this point after 2 whole days I decided to bring my netbook home that has Win 7 32bit and try it on there. EXACT same thing!

Now I am completely frustrated and cannot figure out how the heck I can get support? I work for a living and it is not at my house. USCutter hours are the same as mine. So am I supposed to take my cutter to work with me to get support?

Thanks!

B

Greedy? I think not, I would have to write you a book to tell you how to fix this.......

If you are referring to me to stop being greedy and fix it for free, just try taking it to your local computer shop and tell them to fix it for free!!!!! ...... I believe they will ask you to leave their shop lol

BTW, how about cuting me a 1000 decals and 1000 shirts for free.... STOP BEING GREEDY NOW!!! Comon, do it for free!!!!

Anyhow, I don't get paid by UScutter to do this for free, and I would have to remote in to fix this.

Like I said, call me greedy, I don't care at all, noone does cutting, printing for free...... but you want me too?:huh:

Thanks, and have a greedy, i mean great day ! :thumbsup:

I know who you are referring to, as far as paying for fixing your problem, Their living "IS" repairing computers, and computer problems. So, why should they work for FREE? You have spent 2 days trying to get your computer to communicate with your cutter, and pulling your hair out in frustration. Their fee is very small compared to your frustration level right now. Many forum members have used their services and it's a small price to pay. UScutter tech support is FREE...then go with that.

Thanks Skeeter, people are unbeliveable asking for free computer work, which is the issue at hand.

Anyhow, I can't let this bother me, I try to help as much as I can, and charge beans for doing it compared to their local shops.

Anyhow, have a great day

I am in I.T. for a living as well, (network system administrator) and while I can appreciate the fact that we are in pretty much the ONLY profession that people expect it to be free, (believe me, I know) imagine if you had no forums to go to for information/experiences? There are so many times that I find solutions on Google as someone, somewhere has been through it and takes the time to post their solution to assist others as others have assisted them and this is what I was referring to.

I am used to drivers that actually install. I have not had to deal with IRQ's / COM settings since the WIN 95 days and am getting frustrated with the lack of drivers from the company that I just gave my hard earned money to. I mean really? No reliable USB driver? Why even sell it?

This post is in regards to help, not a personal attack on anyone that is posting on here. Believe me, if I get a solution I will post back and write up a doc on what I have learned from the setup so that others can learn from my frustration.....

BTW, I am now setting up a VM to see if XP will find play nice.

B

many many, many forum members are using windows 7 with their cutters, with NO problems, and have since windows 7 came out. So, where do you think they are getting those drivers from? Of course, from UScutter website .. Vinyl cutters are sold everyday.

http://support.uscutter.com/

• Like 2

Your an NSA and you can't troubleshoot this?

I'm not being insulting to you at all, just stating the fact that I did not get a penny when you purchased your machine.

Your right, "people" expect others to do their work for free, or teach them for free, but ask them to give you something for free........

It's not going to happen, I'm not a kid on the net with nothing better to do than to write huge pages on a forum.

I have 2 kids, 4 and 13, and a wife to feed, you going to feed them for free for me?

Yeah right, it's NOT going to happen, you want to talk about this matter further, email me at tech@ashcomputershop.com

I'll be glad to assist, but I can't fix it for free at all

Thanks, have a great day!

I I understand the frustration & almost everybody has been there . IMO . there are several ways to do things ... the inexpensive way is not usually the easiest way . There are companies that sell cutters with a computer already set up . plug it up , turn it on & start cutting ( if the customer knows how ) . I have a friend who did that ... $7 K though . There are companies that will deliver the equipment , install everything & hold our hand while we take off . Buying just a cutter IMO is deciding to take a stab at doing it yourself . That is what I did . i tried a bit & left it alone when it started aggravating me . When i felt like messing with it again i did . I got it going & was very happy . It is just a matter of setting up your computer to talk to the cutter . If the cutter does a test cut correct , it is good . USCutter does help & wil remote in & set it up . Seems from the move & getting things set up , they are overly busy now . They will take care of you , just imagine how many " emergencies " they are dealing with .

I have been cutting vinyl for 4 years now . I recently used Assh & man was I happy . fixed up many things & got my computer working better than new . Well worth the cost & i had no problem with my computer talking to my cutter . Seems a harsh reaction for an offer to help IMO . He is in business just as all of us are & he charges much less to forum members than his regular prices . If it was a problem with the cutter , i could see not taking responsibility , but it is the settings etc that is causing your problem . The working hours you reference is even more unfair.... you think you should adapt or USCutter should rearange their busines hours ? take a deep breath , exhale & realx ... keep up effort to get someone at USC to help you .

Your an NSA and you can't troubleshoot this?

I'm not being insulting to you at all, just stating the fact that I did not get a penny when you purchased your machine.

Your right, "people" expect others to do their work for free, or teach them for free, but ask them to give you something for free........

It's not going to happen, I'm not a kid on the net with nothing better to do than to write huge pages on a forum.

I have 2 kids, 4 and 13, and a wife to feed, you going to feed them for free for me?

Yeah right, it's NOT going to happen, you want to talk about this matter further, email me at tech@ashcomputershop.com

I'll be glad to assist, but I can't fix it for free at all

Thanks, have a great day!

Not trying to be insulting huh? Well, that made me feel like the sky is blue and the birds are chirping. Thanks for that.....

I was in no way asking for you to fix ANYTHING for free, nor was I asking you to teach people. My original comment was due to the fact that there was no response to ALL of the support requests for the EXACT same thing (it is asked over and over and instead of post a try x or try x they just post an email addy) and it appeared as though the end result was some people (guess you are one of them) saying that they have the quick solution but pay me to get it. I can understand completely that this is your business, but shouldn't USCutter be more on top of these requests than support people from other parts?

When I do get an answer, or figure it out myself I will be sure to post my experience so that others can try the same thing to see if that is their issue as well.

Anyway, thanks for trying to insult me...

Anyone else more Open Source and less Microsoft on here?

Not trying to be insulting huh? Well, that made me feel like the sky is blue and the birds are chirping. Thanks for that.....

I was in no way asking for you to fix ANYTHING for free, nor was I asking you to teach people. My original comment was due to the fact that there was no response to ALL of the support requests for the EXACT same thing (it is asked over and over and instead of post a try x or try x they just post an email addy) and it appeared as though the end result was some people (guess you are one of them) saying that they have the quick solution but pay me to get it. I can understand completely that this is your business, but shouldn't USCutter be more on top of these requests than support people from other parts?

When I do get an answer, or figure it out myself I will be sure to post my experience so that others can try the same thing to see if that is their issue as well.

I think you are wrong in that the answer is not here already , probably posted several times . The search function is difficult to find what you want sometimes ... in part because of all the use of the language that is used so often IMO . Make sure you put in a support ticket with USC . I would call even though they are bombarded with calls .

I think you are wrong in that the answer is not here already , probably posted several times . The search function is difficult to find what you want sometimes ... in part because of all the use of the language that is used so often IMO . Make sure you put in a support ticket with USC . I would call even thought they are bombarded with calls .

Thanks for the response Rodger. I did indeed search the heck out of the forums before posting, and have tried all the possible suggestions (this is where I came up with the serial to usb, different drivers, Roland drivers etc.) Unfortunately so far nothing has worked. Guess I will have to hope for some suggestions or possibly USC to get back to me and play email tag as I will not have the cutter in front of me when they are at work...

Thanks,

B

have you worked thru the newbie manual....download in first post. not all usb to serial are equal. a Keyspan adapter is highly recommended. Brand name

You're welcome . Something is not taking in the settings or loading correctly . When you get it right , the thrill of creating stuff will quickly wash away the frustration :):thumbsup:

Assh is a great guy . In a certain frame of mind , his offers can be taken wrong . I am the exact opposite of a computer tech :( . He spent MANY hours on my computer . He is a good asset to the forum & does help for free giving advice . I eventually went with a serial cable since my computer has that port . Stopped the eratic problems I got once in awhile . That eliminates alot of possible problems . It may be worthwhile to install a serial port if your computer doesn't have 1 :huh:

You didn't state what you are using for cutting software...but if using Signblazer, and not getting anywhere, then try using Signcut, and see it you can get it to work..

• Like 2

You didn't state what you are using for cutting software...but if using Signblazer, and not getting anywhere, then try using Signcut, and see it you can get it to work..

or vice versa :thumbsup:

I ask you to email me, and you say thats insulting, errrrrr......... email me PLEASE! ehehheehehhh

I would just like to say that I am also a newbie in this cutter business , and as such have asked a few "newbie" questions on here that probably have been answered a hundred times in here , however on every occasion Ash was always the first , or only response I got , he never asked fr a dime and was very helpfull , so he does give free advice and help when he knows the answer and it's not a complicated issue that he probably couldnt answer without having to manually track the peoblem down , which is perfectly reasonable to want to get paid for .. just wanted to say that Ash is very helpfull and not to get the wrong impression of him .

Thanks alot for the kind words Death, I do what I can, when I can

:D

Hmmm , as much as I like Assh ... i find it hard to believe he actually beat Skeeter responding ... :D .. That gal is FAST !!!! I liked her old member name & I like her present member name ... but it ought 2 b SPEED-Skeeter :D

You said that right, nobody beats Skeeter, NOBODY! She's the woman!!!! ehehehehe

I ask you to email me, and you say thats insulting, errrrrr......... email me PLEASE! ehehheehehhh

Ummm thanks, but no thanks.... The comment you made "Your an NSA and you can't troubleshoot this?" as well as the evil ehehheehehhh laugh pretty much sums you up for me.

Moving along, thanks to those that actually posted information (after all this is what a forum is supposed to be for). I do appreciate your trying to help me out, so thanks a bunch :D

Unfortunately USC NEVER got back to me, so I was forced to go it alone. :angry:

Now for the solution:

If you are experiencing the dreaded uscutter under unknown device in device manager have no fear. This is all assuming that you have already tried the normal steps and installed the FTDI driver of course. First download this driver HERE and extract to a folder in a spot you will be able to find later. Then go to control panel, devices and printers and choose to add new printer. Add local and use the existing port usb0001. When it is looking for the driver choose have disk and navigate to the directory you saved. It will tell you that this driver is not digitally signed but this is ok.

Now launch SB and create a square. Click cutter and then setup. Choose your cutter model and under ports choose usb0001. OK out of that and then choose cut and cut tile. This has worked on both Windows 7 64 bit business as well as Windows 7 32 bit ultimate and I was able to duplicate no problem.

Simple solution? Yes! Does it work? It did for me!

keywords: windows seven com port usb device not found driver 64bit mh-721 mh721

footnote: This is my experience with my particular situation, yours could be different. I am providing this to help others in case they have the same issue. "Human Knowledge Belongs To The World!" - Milo Hoffman - Antitrust -

Now on to my orders.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ummm thanks, but no thanks.... The comment you made "Your an NSA and you can't troubleshoot this?" as well as the evil ehehheehehhh laugh pretty much sums you up for me.

Moving along, thanks to those that actually posted information (after all this is what a forum is supposed to be for). I do appreciate your trying to help me out, so thanks a bunch :D

Unfortunately USC NEVER got back to me, so I was forced to go it alone. :angry:

Now for the solution:

If you are experiencing the dreaded uscutter under unknown device in device manager have no fear. This is all assuming that you have already tried the normal steps and installed the FTDI driver of course. First download this driver HERE and extract to a folder in a spot you will be able to find later. Then go to control panel, devices and printers and choose to add new printer. Add local and use the existing port usb0001. When it is looking for the driver choose have disk and navigate to the directory you saved. It will tell you that this driver is not digitally signed but this is ok.

Now launch SB and create a square. Click cutter and then setup. Choose your cutter model and under ports choose usb0001. OK out of that and then choose cut and cut tile. This has worked on both Windows 7 64 bit business as well as Windows 7 32 bit ultimate and I was able to duplicate no problem.

Simple solution? Yes! Does it work? It did for me!

keywords: windows seven com port usb device not found driver 64bit mh-721 mh721

footnote: This is my experience with my particular situation, yours could be different. I am providing this to help others in case they have the same issue. "Human Knowledge Belongs To The World!" - Milo Hoffman - Antitrust -

Now on to my orders.... :thumbsup:

Glad you got it working and thanks for posting your solution.

That wasn't an evil laugh man gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz I was joking with you. Oh well, at least you got it working!!!!! HURRAY! :thumbsup:

And this proves you can do it if you try! :thumbsup::D