RcHelp

SignCut Crashing and not showing images

Hello everyone. I just received my plotter (MH-871) yesterday and I'm having a nightmare of a time setting it up. After a lot of fighting, I was able to get the computer to talk to the plotter. Teh issues here will go into another post in another section though.

As for SignCut, I will render an EPS from Illustrator CS5, and everything but 8 will show HUGE lines that are no where to be found on any of the Illustrator pages. With the font that I'm using, if I render in CS5 format, then NOTHING shows up.

I have tried to make a file that is basic cuts on a 20"x30" sheet, but the program crashes!

I'm at my whits end on this. I have been working on this stuff for 24 hours and nothing is helping. All I need it to do is take my image or text, and cut it out lol. Sounds easy enough...

Any help is appriciated. Help out a newbie lol.

Signcut can not read the CS5 format of .ai or .eps save it into a legacy version I use 8 as a always works option.

Hope this helped

That didn't help at all. If you would have read my post, I'm using Legacy 8 to render the projects.

maybe if you could post up your file, maybe someone can figure it out

are you importing the files? Most cutting software requires importing, not opening. I don't have Signcut, but just a thought. I noticed in another thread, you said "opening". the files in Signcut. Your statement below....

Rendering these into EPS 8 then opening them up in SignCut is hit and miss. The cuts that I need to make are not there in some, and in others, there are HUGE LINES that are about 6x as big as the image. And with a 20"x30" image, you can imagine the size.

Some of us tried helping out the 'newbie' once... Thankfully, that thread was deleted...

RcHelp has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Problem After New OS Install".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what port it's running on, it's running under the USB001 port. How many times to I have to say this?! Forget it, you people want to blame me more than you want to help me, so close the damn post. I'm done. Biggest mistake I have made buying from this company!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just downloaded the trial version of Signcut pro, just for the heck of it... saved a file in version 8 .ai and opened it in Signcut, no problems. It does say open... This is my first time ever using it. It didn't crash, bounce, jump or fly...

post-3058-0-40640500-1313518835_thumb.jp

Had a really nice typed out answer describing how to ask for help and not say crap like "IF YOU READ MY POST" WITH OTHER POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS BUT NOW MAYBE NOT......

tried on old puter with cs3 on it and everything worked fine with the same image that cs5 SAVING IN LEGACY 8 didnt like