RMDelete

My Plotter is overcutting OR making corners extra long!

Before anyone ASSumes that I have no idea how to use the "Offset" functions of any plotter pplllleease be aware that I totally know how it works... I think there is something else wrong with my setup and I have no idea where to go to try and solve the problems... this is absolutely bizzare! I am sooo confused! I read my entire manual cover to cover (online if that's possible) TWICE

I noticed letters that have sharp corners as well as the auto weed border I activated on my Flexi program that the corners of the items being cut out have an extra sharp corner sticking out further than the design specifies (if the design specifies, of which NONE are specified) usually this is automatically assumed to be an offset problem... well I adjusted my offset to the max and most min possible and yet my plotter still acts like nothing was even changed, from ranges -5 to +5 I get letters or images cut out that STILL look for lack of better words.. F-ed up! Grrr!!! Well I tried messing with the Tangentenial functions, Nada just made weeding harder.. then I tried adjusting the overcut in Flexi... Zilch... I tried adjusting the blade length both shorter and longer NOTHING I have no idea what to do!

i am currently waiting on my newer version of Flexi 8.6 which should contain the regular drivers to this CraftRobo PRO in the meantime I am improvising with the CraftRobo drivers that are pre-loaded in Flexi 8.1 and it was working just fine last week... until someone sold me their unused LXi Apprentice software which is version 10.2 something something forget the exact build, but it says my plotter drivers ARE present on that program... it wasn't until I tried using THAT software that this started happening, after messing with my plotter settings for three days to no avail I resorted back into my old Flexi 8.1 that worked "ok" since I need to use this plotter for travel work tomorrow :( but now it isn't acting as good as it did before. I have all the CraftRobo Pro software that came with my Graphtec installed on my computer also... what should I do guys? I am LOST!

EDIT: just took this pic with my phone so you could see the edges it is creating

IMG_20110721_190351.jpg

corners are supposed to be sharp and clean, no stupid pointy edges or sunken edges >_< urgh!

Not an Offset Problem

Not a blade length Problem

Not a Tangential problem

Not a Design Problem

Could be a driver problem?:huh:

Could be a software problem???

Or what???

Hey Guys! This is a copy post. Just thought I would post an update since this was last month and geez... I have since figured it out.

When I first got the plotter I am sure the original owner had already figured things out with it so the settings were "set"

when I installed the software on my computer since I was using Flexi 8.1 it did NOT have the proper drivers for this machine, soooo I had to resort to using the drivers for a regular Graphtec Craft Robo (not Pro) and since the graphic I would send to cut would output at 2 x the normal intended size I had to counter that problem by sending my intended size at HALF intended size (so 1" if I meant to output 2")

I did NOT like doing this I wanted to use this plotter to it's full capabilities so I went out and purchased Lxi 10 from someone who was not using it... this software DID supposedly have the drivers for the plotter... when I tried sending the job it DID communicate but it was cutting things all f**ed up the way I was saying earlier in my original thread so then I thought that the Lxi software was messed up (that conclusion was reached after I had tried everything I thought was possible like changing offset, changing steps and so forth... so then I purchased Flexi Starter 8.6 since I heard THAT program also had the right drivers..

well while waiting for the software to come in I did a graphtec RESET by holding the up button and turning the plotter ON I tried running Lxi again just to see if it would work and this time it was worse -_- so when Flexi 8.6 came in I hooked it up and ran it.. SAME issue tried all the same things No avail

Well I checked the blade holder as I stated I would in the last post and that was not the problem... so rulled out EVERYTHING except... the "TOOL" setting it was set to 09U for some reason.. so I set it to 15B ran a job and VIOLA! FIXED! UGH! I am sooo dumb! HAHAHA

ever since I changed this setting this plotter has been cutting like a dream! :) all I had to do was see every possible "IF" factor to figure out it was something so simple (and isn't it always?)

Geez this was almost more annoying than spending 8 hours staring at text code trying to find the missing "space" or "bracket" in PHP code -___-

Isn't default O9U with the original blade? Thats what i use and mine is ok, what blade are you running ust curious?

Original owner may have changed it... easy to tell which just by looking at the blades but someone who did not even know about different sized holders being available would never know.