Sign in to follow this  
tictac3410

Epson R1900

Ok i bought an Epson R1900 about 2 years ago hoping to do T-shirts with it. I was so swamped getting my business off the ground that I am now getting around to doing T-shirts that are printed. Just wondering what everyones thoughts are. I was thinking of making it a CIS printer but I heard alot about if you dont use the printer on a daily basis it clogs. I spoke with Sawgrass and they recomended me to Mike at RPL supplies who offered me a printer for Chromoblast inks. My delema is that if i convert my R1900 to CIS it will cost me almost $1500. The printer that mike is offering me is $1500 with inks, and paper. I know it should be a no brainer but I have printer so why spend the money. Now the only differance is that the Printer MIke is suggesting is that it is a Cartridge printer not a CIS. SO with that being said why not just buy the cartridges for the R1900 which cost about $500 and save myself $1000. Need help thanks.

I am not sure what you are wanting to do? However, I do tshirts with my 1800 Epson. You can use a cheaper CISS system but you do have to print with it because the ink will back up in the print head. Here is a link http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=epson+1900+CISS&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Ok i bought an Epson R1900 about 2 years ago hoping to do T-shirts with it. I was so swamped getting my business off the ground that I am now getting around to doing T-shirts that are printed. Just wondering what everyones thoughts are. I was thinking of making it a CIS printer but I heard alot about if you dont use the printer on a daily basis it clogs. I spoke with Sawgrass and they recomended me to Mike at RPL supplies who offered me a printer for Chromoblast inks. My delema is that if i convert my R1900 to CIS it will cost me almost $1500. The printer that mike is offering me is $1500 with inks, and paper. I know it should be a no brainer but I have printer so why spend the money. Now the only differance is that the Printer MIke is suggesting is that it is a Cartridge printer not a CIS. SO with that being said why not just buy the cartridges for the R1900 which cost about $500 and save myself $1000. Need help thanks.

Try calling Richard at Cobra Ink Systems (877-334-8465)

....he can install a bulk CIS system for you for much less

than buying a new set of Epson ink cartridges.

He'll be able to answer all your questions too.

Great customer service.

Good Luck.

Sue2

Try calling Richard at Cobra Ink Systems (877-334-8465)

....he can install a bulk CIS system for you for much less

than buying a new set of Epson ink cartridges.

He'll be able to answer all your questions too.

Great customer service.

Good Luck.

Sue2

THank you I will give them a call.