Neuromax

What blank to use for outdoor sign

I have a customer who wants me to make some small signs for his yard shaped like a ADT security sign but to have a decal saying to not leave dog poop in his yard LOL. What should I use for a sign blank? I need something I can cut easily with tools around the garage or if I could buy blanks for a low cost that would be great too. It needs to be about to stay outdoors.

Coroplast is easily cut to shape with a knife.

Yes but he doesn't want that and he wants something that will last several years which is where I am having a problem finding what to use.

Or you can go with Alumacore, Corrugated plastic with a sheet of aluminum bonded to it. You can cut this with a OLFA UltraMax Knife.

ACP Panels. Aluminum bonded to a composite core. Cheap, Ridgid and they last. IMO as good or better than allumacorr for some applications 4' x 8' sheets start at less than 35 bucks a piece.

Cuts easy with a knife, just score and snap. Available in a array of colors and finishes and also in various thickness for your specific application

Be careful what brand ACP you buy, We got a few panels that swelled and cracked. It was probably just a bad batch but be careful.

Be careful what brand ACP you buy, We got a few panels that swelled and cracked. It was probably just a bad batch but be careful.

Never had a problem, in the few hundred I have gone thru. I use it alot. I can rip thru 25 sheets in a week doing realty signs

I'd use Celtec... can be cut with a utility knife... saw or whatever. For small signs like parking and such works great. Here is a 12X16" sign made of it.

post-17654-0-78648600-1311231832_thumb.j