SpareParts

PVC Sign Blanks??

My son's school has asked that I make them some parking signs for their parking lot. I normally just do decals and not finished signs so I do not keep any sign blanks on hand. As the school would naturally like to save money on the project I have been looking into buying PVC sign blanks rather than aluminum blanks. Does anyone have any expierence with the PVC blanks? Will they hold up well outdoors with vinyl decals applied? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would recommend aluminum or anodized steel for durability sake. PVC Warps and Swells in the heat and rain, Corrugated is cheap but easily damaged. Another option on the cheap side is Alumacore, Its aluminum bonded to Corrugated plastic. Cheaper than aluminum stock and only slightly less durable.

Go with .80 Aluminum with radius corners for any public spaces (vandals) for private property you can go with lighter materials. But in the long run the .80 will be cheaper for the school.

Thank you all. I appreciate all the great information. Turns out my husband has had to use some PVC signs at work and was not all happy with them. Good to know!