Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

OSX Lion

Has anyone upgraded to Lion yet? Any problems with software or cutter not working properly?

Since it doesnt support power pc apps, CuttingMaster is disabled now. Now to figure out how to get my cutter back online...

Hi - I installed Lion this weekend - I have a PCut and use SignCut Pro.

Didn't work right off -when upgrading to Lion it looks like I lost the drivers to the keyspan.

The fix is that you need to reinstall the latest driver for the keyspan on the system. www.tripplite.com - do not use the CD that came with the keyspan - it doesn't work (also note - the latest driver says 10.6 I think and Lion is 10.7 - but it still seems to work)

After it is installed re-start your system and open SignCut (that's what I'm using).

Select cutter

In the Output Device section select the keyspan device (for me this was /dev/cu.usa19Hfd13p1.1

Now I'm back up and cutting!

Good luck

Awesome to hear! I'm using flexistarter but I have the keyspan so I'll probably try it. I'm going to run a time machine backup just in case first though. Thanks

I love my Imac (Power PC) but I hate that Apple is coming out with OS versions that force people to buy new (and expensive) hardware. AS much as I hate Windows, you never had to run and buy a whole new computer just to install the latest OS.

I am very happy with leopard and I think I'll just keep it.

I love my Imac (Power PC) but I hate that Apple is coming out with OS versions that force people to buy new (and expensive) hardware. AS much as I hate Windows, you never had to run and buy a whole new computer just to install the latest OS.

I am very happy with leopard and I think I'll just keep it.

Actually microsoft did just that a couple of times, if the os checker didnt think your hardware was new enough, it would cancel the install before it even started. Mac's have been using intel processors for over 5 years, most people have updated their systems to take advantage of updates.

Actually microsoft did just that a couple of times, if the os checker didnt think your hardware was new enough, it would cancel the install before it even started. Mac's have been using intel processors for over 5 years, most people have updated their systems to take advantage of updates.

yes,because they HAD to.

The only thing I ever had to upgrade for Windows 7 was the graphics card...and maybe memory. Big difference ..a hundred bucks vs $1000 plus. And I never had to trash an expensive software because it wouldn't run on 7. There was always a way.

Windows 7 will run on a 1ghz processor with 1gb of ram. That's 6 or 7 year old technology.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Mac all the way.Love the hardware,love the OS. I just don't like the way they do business. I've had to upgade 2 systems for friends recently because all of a sudden, their ipods and phones wouldn't synch with the version of iTunes that worked with their OS.

Well I took the plunge... Installed Lion tonight and re-installed the driver as mentioned above before I even opened my program. My PCut just cut a file from Flexistarter.

As far as the good ol' mac debate... I've enjoyed most of decisions Apple has made since I switched about 10 years ago, but not all (I'm talking to you iMovie Pro... ugh... I mean new Final Cut Pro X or whatever your name is).

But I will tell you right now that the best decision Apple has made aside from hiring Steve Jobs was switching from PowerPC to Intel Processors. It has opened the door for so much process and innovation in the Mac community. Software that would have never made its way to a Mac before is now available... we use to wait 6 months plus to get the mac version of software (if we ever got it)... more peripherals opened up to us... and opening up Windows on a Mac still blows my mind.

I understand the frustration... but this was one change that was worth it.

And as far as the business model goes... Apple now has much cheaper options available, although, if a true Apples to Apples comparison on hardware was made between Apple and PC, yea you might pay $100 - $200 bucks more... but you get more. iLife installed on computers, security that comes with a mac (not having to buy anti-virus software), $30 OS updates (how much is a Windows 7 upgrade), ease of use, doing what you want instead of troubleshooting, ease of installation (ever seen a product you can install on a windows and mac machine? One page instructions for mac version 5 pages for PC), knowing that all the components in the machine actually work together from the factory unlike the frankenstein machines that Dell and others put out, the apple store and their amazing support and service... that apple tax is starting to look like an apple refund comparatively.

From Graphtec's Site:

NOTE: Cutting Master 2 for Adobe Illustrator® and Mac OS X Lion will be available November 15, 2011.

From Graphtec's Site:

NOTE: Cutting Master 2 for Adobe Illustrator® and Mac OS X Lion will be available November 15, 2011.

Anyone know how much that software is going to run?

I was running Leopard. I did a clean install of Lion ... then found out that some of my more preferred (and considered by many, outdated) software was rendered useless. So I ended up just upgrading to Snow Leopard ... and I can't say that there's a marginal performance difference, and it certainly wasn't for the better ... and Migration Assistant ... it really doesn't grab everything that I needed, so everyday I learned there were more things that I needed to move over from the Leopard HD to the Snow Leopard HD. :blink:

And as far as Windows wanting to reject some apps for installation ... There hasn't really been an app that I couldn't force install and get to work under Win7.

I just got a new 15 inch mac book pro. I have a MH 721 cutter and am using the sign cut pro bundle that came with it. i can not install the cutter as a printer because it says there are no drivers. when i install the drivers it does nothing. Please help!!!!!!

i added some pictures incase they help!

post-20784-0-12981500-1321080189_thumb.p

post-20784-0-82564000-1321080200_thumb.p

Hi,

Have a Graphtec, craft robo pro (CE5000-40-CRP). Just installed Lion, as well as the "Lion compatible" cutting master 2 plug-in. Using Illustrator CS4. Everything works well EXCEPT that when I use the media"poll size" feature of the software, it's returning a media size approx. 400% larger than what is actually loaded in the cutter. It doesn't seem to matter if I load a roll or sheet, the size adjusts accordingly, but it still returns a media size about 4X greater than what's loaded.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.