I think this forum should add a merchant member section. One that companies can pay to advertise on, and allow members here who have outsource needs to be able to quickly find someone to help them. I wouldn't mind paying $50/yr or so.

i do not agree!! you can advertise for free on here right now why would you want to pay?

id have to agree with jfought.

first off, id see starting a merchant vendor section as a slippery slope on a board run by a company that is in business selling these items. it may start out well with a few services/items the board owner dosent sell, but sooner or later heads will butt and shit will go south.

second, as mentioned, if you are looking for business, go ahead and advertise it here now for free. why pay when you dont have to? if you feel guilty, just make sure you buy all of your supplies through us cutter. thats how the board is funded anyway.

3rd, personally, i think the currently employed method of posting that a service is needed and getting responses is a much better system. ive seen it on many forums, and this one is no different. members come and go. even if it were a donation based forum, someone may pony up a few $$ for a years ads, and disappear after 4 months. than you have ppl pissed off waiting for responses on dead forums. having a vendor reply to a wanted ad at least lets you know that they are actually present for the time being.

id have to agree with jfought.

first off, id see starting a merchant vendor section as a slippery slope on a board run by a company that is in business selling these items. it may start out well with a few services/items the board owner dosent sell, but sooner or later heads will butt and shit will go south.

second, as mentioned, if you are looking for business, go ahead and advertise it here now for free. why pay when you dont have to? if you feel guilty, just make sure you buy all of your supplies through us cutter. thats how the board is funded anyway.

3rd, personally, i think the currently employed method of posting that a service is needed and getting responses is a much better system. ive seen it on many forums, and this one is no different. members come and go. even if it were a donation based forum, someone may pony up a few $$ for a years ads, and disappear after 4 months. than you have ppl pissed off waiting for responses on dead forums. having a vendor reply to a wanted ad at least lets you know that they are actually present for the time being.

+1

I guess I can see your points, but I also see many benefits to a merchant/pay system.

How about a section specifically to advertise your services/products available for wholesale.

Falls under the same idea...... Marcus (Owner of USC) Probably would frown on someone selling cutters, and the other stuff he sells on his forum.

Guess he foots the bill if you will.

Think it's kinda like me have computers on my forum and someone coming on cutting my throat, selling computer parts, and me paying the bill for the forum.

Anyhow, I see what your saying, just not a good idea when selling cutters and the stuff that USC sells. It's kind of a spit in the face to Marcus and his company.

Marcus is a great guy, and wouldn't want to see anyone taking advantage of him.

I'm not talking about people selling hardware or raw materials.

I'm talking about merchant members that sell printed materials, large format cut vinyls, banners, etc. all finished products that US Cutter doesn't directly offer for resale by the members on here. It would allow the companies that make money off of his bandwidth and advertising to pay some of that back.

For instance I can offer my router services for dimensional signage/displays, Latex Large Format seamless up to 60" x 300' or UV Grand format printing seamless up to 16' (192") x 600', Offset printing, etc.

Oh ok, I gottcha, yeah for that stuff it would be really cool

man if you are not happy with the FREE forum that you have found why don't you go back to signs 101 where you cannot get any work from!! i Have been here for a few years and things have been running great. yes there might be few quarks but nothing is perfect. as for peddling your wears you can do all the for free!!! FREE!! i am the one that suggested the B S T section. that is where you can post your offerings. otherwise make a small post once in a while and people will know you are here.

• Like 2

man if you are not happy with the FREE forum that you have found why don't you go back to signs 101 where you cannot get any work from!! i Have been here for a few years and things have been running great. yes there might be few quarks but nothing is perfect. as for peddling your wears you can do all the for free!!! FREE!! i am the one that suggested the B S T section. that is where you can post your offerings. otherwise make a small post once in a while and people will know you are here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well I bring it up because I've been getting angry PMs saying that I'm only here to get business, I've also gotten a few that said there are already 3 members here that sell print work we don't need another, etc.

I'm not complaining about the free side of things, I like that its free but I don't want to upset other members because I'm new.

Well I bring it up because I've been getting angry PMs saying that I'm only here to get business, I've also gotten a few that said there are already 3 members here that sell print work we don't need another, etc.

I'm not complaining about the free side of things, I like that its free but I don't want to upset other members because I'm new.

I don't think folks here have an issue with 'advertising' per se, but more of how. If someone posts their looking for some work done, awesome! post and make an offer, PM them etc.... but I think in your first few posts here you started a thread as more of an ad to bring folks to you for printing, rather than to say hey I am here, nice to meet you all etc. The way to go about that would have been more to introduce yourself in the Introductions section of the forum and casually let us know you offer those services and to get in touch with you if we would like to know more. Were here to help and be helped.... not peruse ads. If I need a sub job done, I will search the forums for folks that have posted on other threads looking for similar items and PM those folks for quotes. It would be like me walking into a flea market or craft show where folks have paid for space or tables and stood near others providing similar product and service and begun handing out my business cards.... The guys that are here have been around for a while and have put in their time for sure, so I can see how that would step on some toes.

I think what upset the few that probably PM'd you, was that a majority of your thread posts were offering your services or advertising of some sort. Thats not to say you haven't posted in offerings of help on others but I am just making an assessment of what I have viewed. My apologies if that seems like an unfair view.

In all fairness , you might be going a little fast for some & doing some offensive things . Like offering new cutters , that is stepping on the owner of the forum's toes & that kind of stuff does not make any member happy either . The members who have printers & offering that already is not going to like a new member trying to take that away from them . This is a forum to learn how to cut vinyl & is a social type deal instead of a business advertising deal . USCutter does not promote it's business here as much as some do . There are some things that seem like a good idea having a section like you suggest , but more negative things IMO . I am surprised by the rudeness towards you .... That does not fit into the forum rules at all ... I think everybody should read them again . Seems you have been taking what others have been saying & adjusting . GIVIING some vinyl to Ash , even paying the shipping shows me you are the type of member that would benefit the forum & it's members as much as it would benefit you being a member here . If you consider this forum like a local bar where people hang out , socialize & benefit each other , it seems when a new guy comes in & goes a little fast & tries to be a leader instead of going with the flow , it isn't going to make many want to shake hands & pat them on the back . You have dug a little hole for yourself , but I am sure if you continue to adjust from suggestions , you will benefit from the forum & the forum will benefit from you . Heck , you might even eventually become a USC Super Hog if you stop arguing with our buddy Bear . Boys will be boys & everything does not have to be fuzzy warm , holding hands . There is a good group of people here but some have more New York City attitude :) ( the cleshay :) ) than others .

I have 40 posts of info/help and 15 of advertising, I had 30 post before I posted my "ad".

I'm trying to be active on here and help people that need it whether by knowledge or services, I'll just continue on and help where I can and if members need my services then great and if not oh well.

• Like 1

Well, IMO, he posted a used cutter, grant you I thought at first he was selling new machines, etc. Printer's are like cutters on this forum, I've seen them all advertise their services etc.

Yes, might be better to PM people and give others a chance..... he's new here and already helped me a ton. Sent free vinyl and also shipped it for not one penny.

I thought allot of that.... he doesn't even know me but still did it anyhow.

Guess on the net you can come across wrong VERY easy, and what is said taken out of context very easy as well.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum 2CT Media! And thanks a million for the transparent vinyl !!!!!!! Kept me from having to buy a whole roll of the stuff !

2CT there are allot of great guy's on this forum, I guess we are all a little territorial ehehehheehe

Anyhow, as long as your not selling the things Marcus sells I don't see a problem with what your doing.

In the past we've had printers and others do alot of bad thing's and say alot of bad thing's, but I believe your a good guy, just came across wrong with the first posts.

It's like Vinyl said, might needed to introduce yourself and get to know the guy's on here first, instead of posting right away heheehhe

Anyhow, Welcome man!

Good conversation for the most part :) . IMO , Better to discuss & come to a mutual understanding of how things are perceived EVEN if not agreed to . Nobody is going to put alot of thought or investigation to form an opinion about this & many other things , but when enough members give an opinion .. that is going to show the general perspective :thumbsup: . I have never been to signs101 , but from what i have seen quoted & how others that i respect speak of it .. I hope nobody here portrays that demeanor . :thumbsup:

Just added a proper introduction and partial memoir, lol.

I'm in this to grow this industry, their are others out there that seek to destroy it but I feel there is a lot of potential and opportunity! What little I have to give I will, whether knowledge or scraps.

Well, IMO, he posted a used cutter, grant you I thought at first he was selling new machines, etc.

Anyhow, as long as your not selling the things Marcus sells I don't see a problem with what your doing.

The post offering to sell new cutters was removed.

The intent has always been to keep the forums as non-commercial as possible. It would be simple to offer a forum with banner ads (you know,like the 101 guys) to increase revenue and offer merchants the opportunity to advertise their services. But the forums are meant to be by and for the members...a community.

The buy,sell,and trade section was created mainly for used equipment,supplies,etc. However, it is also used to promote services....without adding a commercial aspect to the forum. This way,all members are free to post and none are favored.

There are many free and inexpensive methods to advertise on the internet. This forum isn't and was never meant to be an advertising space.

• Like 1

The post offering to sell new cutters was removed.

:thumbsup: