teksunsweety

PCut Blade Holder - Please Help

Where do I begin??  I am a newbie to the whole cutting/plotting thing.  So I am very excited to get started cutting.  Just received my cutter a couple of days ago and I am slowly getting it set up.  I am having problems with the blade holder.  I cannot get the blade to stay lowered. When I push on the silver pin at the top, the blade lowers and when I release it, it pops back up into the holder.  Attached are 2 pictures of the blade holder. One with the holder together and one with it apart.  From the booklet I received and the extra typed document from uscutters, it seems to me that I am missing some sort of screw that is suppose to keep the blade lowered/adjusted.  I hope this all makes sense. Please help.  Thanks

post-1971-12986515277666_thumb.jpg

post-1971-1298651527812_thumb.jpg

post-1971-12986515291091_thumb.jpg

post-1971-12986515291408_thumb.jpg

the silver pin you are lushing on at the top is only for ejecting the blade. The blade itself should only stick out a tiny bit when the holder is assembled as in your first pic. When I say tiny I mean mabe half the thickness of a credit card. When you are cutting,the entire holder is lowered,not the blade itself.

Hope this helps.

The end that has the push rod, is only used for extracting the blade when it gets dull, or when you need to use a different angle blade. So, put everything back together like shown in the top picture, and put the blade in the opposite end of the rod end. The blade will be sticking out too much if the end cap is screwed all the way against the other part of the blade holder. Turn the cap end until only about 1/2 the angle of the blade is exposed.

When the blade holder is put together as in the first picture with the blade inserted, it does not stick out at all.  The only time it sticks out is when I push the silver rod.  The only thing that turns on my blade holder is the bottom of it (where the blade sticks out/blade cover).  In the Creation book it says I should have a "kife adjusting screw".  Is this something that goes over the silver rod and allows you to adjust the blade. If that is the case, I do not have this screw. 

I seem to remember that the blade holder that comes with the pcut is not the one in the manual. I think they did this to be able to use Roland compatable baldes because they are easier to find and not very expensive.

The part that turns on yours is the adjustment. You run it down or up to expose more of the blade.

I have no idea why none of the blade sticks out when it is screwed up tight...the opposite shoud be true. Too much should be sticking out.

Ken???

In your bottom picture on the far left is what you use to adjust how far out the blade is. As you screw the cover over the blade you keep tightening it until the blade is where you want it. The rubber "O" ring holds tension on the thresds so it doesn't come loose. Keep tightening the cover until the blade is out as Ken said "Half the thickness of a credit card"

When the blade holder is put together as in the first picture with the blade inserted, it does not stick out at all.  The only time it sticks out is when I push the silver rod.  The only thing that turns on my blade holder is the bottom of it (where the blade sticks out/blade cover).  In the Creation book it says I should have a "kife adjusting screw".  Is this something that goes over the silver rod and allows you to adjust the blade. If that is the case, I do not have this screw. 

It is possible the push rod is not inserted all the way. Ignore the manual, it talks about the Creation blade holder, and this one is a Roland blade holder.

I received 3 different blades and I tried all 3 with the same result.  When I put the blade in.  It is all the way in and no blade is exposed.  The screw is tightened as far as it can go.  So now what are my options?

The push rod should never have been removed, so it is possible you are not putting it back in as far as it should go.

Maybe we need to send you another blade holder.....not sure. Never heard of the blade not sticking out far enough....

That would be fine.

Our new address is:

USCutter

19510 144th Ave NE

STE C-1

Woodinville, WA 98072