T3rry

"unlock" the cutting window?

Basically want i want to do is position the tiles where ever i want on the cutting window, is this possible?

for example if i want to cut several items all at once, but i want variable spacing between each item, is it possible to just unlock the cutting window and drag tiles around on the vinyl?

set it up like you want it on the design page before you go to the cut page.

I make the workspace area the same size as the vinyl I am cutting . I align the 1rst item to the bottom left in the design screen ( using the align feature ) , then click & drag whatever else around it . Any small decals you can fill in any voids to maximize unwasted vinyl . I allow 1/2" of waste on each side of the vinyl for the pinch roller area , so I can get 23" decals with 24" vinyl .

• Like 1

thanks for the info, but it seems no matter what size i make the workspace, it crams the item to the bottom left most spot in the cutting screen

I dont think there is a setting that would do that automatically . I just made sure & I can out a decal in the top right corner & I would have a bunch of uncut vinyl before the decal was cut . With specialty vinyl , i would always fill the voids in with animals out of the library to give away , so i know what you want to do is possible . Very easy with the way it works for me .

• Like 1

Place a weed border around you designs....

i am sure i could do that, and i have, but really i would rather not have to do that every time as not all items are square

See the attachments for a better explination

1.jpg - the item is 13" in the border, the workspace is 27" (that's how wide my vinyl is)

clearly the item is not in the bottom left of the workspace....

2.jpg shows the cutting screen... it dropped the item to the left bottom most corner

post-17822-0-45237200-1310956826_thumb.j

post-17822-0-00121700-1310956833_thumb.j

AH HAH, I GOT IT!!!!

"fit to origin" sneaky little checkbox :)

thanks for the help all.

I dont do that because SB sucks as far as weedlines . I use the auto weed sometimes & use the poly line also . I just am carefull when weeding or cut each decal out with a scissors , then weed . It must be something very simple that is being overlooked as filling the workspace up with designs is very easy for me . Easy to seperate them any distance I want .

edit ; my post was a few posts late , i was posting about what Roxy said to do . I just started using the UK versin of SB . i did not see any weeding options in the cut screen .