Sign in to follow this  
YANKEE22

VINYL EXPRESS GCR-61 / help!!!

lightning took out my old computer - I bought a refurbished laptop with XP - it has a parallel port that i need to hook up to my GRC-61 vinyl express plotter

I was previously using a pirated version of an un named software.. don't want to mess with it anymore. SOOOOOO i downloaded Cutting Master from the graphtec website - was told the Vinyl Express i have was a clone of graphtec model.. but which one? I need to know which model to select in the list when setting up the software... I keep getting a hp-gl/2 error on the menu of the plotter and "cannot open port" in the window for the cutting master progress.. ugh.. someone please help me!! (i'm using Corel to access the cut software)

Correct not a Graphtec, But you can download the Signblazer all cutter version. VinyL EXPRESS GRC-61 is listed in the set up.

download in first post

Correct not a Graphtec, But you can download the Signblazer all cutter version. VinyL EXPRESS GRC-61 is listed in the set up.

download in first post

that link doesn't have the software for download - so i googled it.. it's too expensive for me at this time..

I would like to have a free or cheap cutting software..

that link doesn't have the software for download - so i googled it.. it's too expensive for me at this time..

OHHHHHHHHHHH - so it's not a graphtec.. wonderful.

I don't know what you looked at , but I gave you a link for FREE software.

here is the download

http://www.mediafire.com/?oydmneru2zj

got it!! Thanks.. btw.. i don't know what i looked at either. :) it's all a blurr like the last two weeks since the lightning struck. stupid lightning.

i installed the signblazer software - still getting an hp gl/2 error on the machine

any ideas? what does that mean?

i clicked cut and it sounded like it was going to run.. and nothing..

I don't know what you looked at , but I gave you a link for FREE software.

here is the download

http://www.mediafire.com/?oydmneru2zj

i installed the signblazer software - still getting an hp gl/2 error on the machine

any ideas? what does that mean?

i clicked cut and it sounded like it was going to run.. and nothing..

found this on Signwarehouse

Hello, HPGL/2 Command errors are common when you are using a parallel connection. Try switching to the serial connection and it should fix your problem. It should work with windows XP just fine. Try this and reply to this email if it doesn't work. Thank you for choosing Sign Warehouse.com Tech Support. Have a great day!

found this on Signwarehouse

Hello, HPGL/2 Command errors are common when you are using a parallel connection. Try switching to the serial connection and it should fix your problem. It should work with windows XP just fine. Try this and reply to this email if it doesn't work. Thank you for choosing Sign Warehouse.com Tech Support. Have a great day!

ya.. i've read that a couple times while trying to find my solution. I don't have a cable that connects like that ( not even sure what they're called.. one port on the plotter is the big one with the clips and the other looks similar to a parallel port.. but has a lot more holes for pins - good grief i feel really stupid.

I don't even have a manual for this plotter.. i've read on another manufacturers manual a way to reset the plotters to get rid of the error message.. but I can't find any info on this derelict Vinyl Express.