Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Registration marks, and general SBE questions.

Just wondering if there is a button/function to do registration diamonds or the like with SBE? Or do you just create them for each color?

Also, is there a way to select each "obect"? I have found the select all, or select none funtions, but wht if you want to select objects 1 and 2 but not 3?

After importing an image file to use as a template, is there a way to turn it on or off like layer views in Inkscape, so you don't have to delete it?

There is no button for cutting red marks, just make 2 rectangles with the square button and your good.

To select more than one object you need to first select the top most layer you want, the hold down shift while selecting the next layer. It can be kind of tricky depending on the image and layers, but is totally possible.

I don't think there is any way to do that, or not at least that I have found. I just put to back, put to front to see what I am working on, or move it aside, then hit control-z to undo the move so it goes right back to where it was.

Hope that helps.

Thanks that does help, though I was hoping for different answers ;) I'm still struggling with the selection and layer process. I'll play with it some more. It is hard to dicern what is in front or back.

Here's a bit more explanation. I've got a drawing and I want to make a 2 color decal. So I ran the EXPAND OUTLINE/INLINE function which gives it two borders. The outermost border I just delete, node by node. My draiwng is like the letter "A", it has an inside triangle section that isn't created with this function, so I have to draw it by hand. But then I have to combine it with the outline portion, so it will punch out the "hole". After much wrangling with it, I was successful, but it took some doing even with a very simple drawing.

The next thing I did was add the registration marks on each layer. I drew some squares, then combined them with one layer, then duplicated them,and with a bit of work was able to combine them with the other layer. I was able to do it, but it wasn't very straight forward. It seemed rather tricky and almost accidental. I am wondering if there isn't a better function button or methodology that I have yet to discover to do these things. I can only imagine how hard it would be to do a 3 or 4 layer object.

On your first example of the "A" you should do the expand outline/inline, then change the original "A" to white, the select both layers and go to weld, total weld. I think that will do what your attempting to do much quicker.

On the registration marks, just make the squares a different color than any of the others that you are using, then in the cutting screen select the color (layer) that you want to cut, then cntrol-click the color that you used for the registration marks. If you control-click the registration marks color on all layers it will cut it on every layer.

Hope this helps ;)