cneil79

artcut won't open

I was able to use artcut about a wek ago, b ut when I try to open the program now I get an error message saying to insert the cd-r and press ok. When I put the program CD in he drive and press ok, it then kicks me out the the desktop and, nothing happens. I tried to reinstall the program but it did not work.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Try Start-Setting-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs. Remove the software and reinstall ArtCut.. Restart the computer before running it..

Good luck

Garry

When it is asking for the CD-R you should put in the white disk which is just to verify and finish the installation. After you remove the white disk nothing will happen but the Artcut program should start normally from the programs menu. Once the program is verified and running you do not need to insert either disk again unless you reinstall.

I am having the same problem was working find I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software when it asks for the cd-r I put in the white cd and get the artcut 2000+ page for a second then it goes away nothing else will work from there

Chris

Maybe run a scan on your computer to see if there are any issues. Viruses cause this type of problem from what I've seen.

:spider:

See if you can get SignCut to work. It is the program we now bundle with all of our cutters. It is a nicer program, mainly because you can do inches, cm, or mm. Artcut only allows for mm.

A free trial is available at www.sc-x2.com

I am having the same problem with artcut. I've reinstalled it, put the graphic disc in and it does nothing.  Can I trade this in for signcut?

We cant take a trade-in for SignCut, but you can try the free trial version from SignCuts web site. If you decide you like it, we offer a discount for customers that had ArtCut.

I am also having the exact same problem. I've reinstalled artcut, scaned for viruses, inserted the white disk and nothing seems to work. I have cut hundreds of yards of vinyl through artcut and all of a sudden today it is asking for the disk and nothing works to get it back up and running. I have a job that needs to be cut by tommrow and I'm getting a little worried. :) I really can't see buying another expensive program to do my cutting when despite the metric conversions artcut works just fine for me. Must be because I gotten so used to it  :) I appreciate any other help you may have

I feel the same way.  I've gotten use to the piece of junk and have lots of designs already done that I need to cut.  If I cant get artcut to work then I wont be able to export the files to any other program.  I'm screwed!

What operating system are you using?  I have windows 2000.

Does anyone have any answers as to why this program would work fine for three months and now all of a sudden stop working?  I have people waiting on vinyl, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  Thanks.

Well, Im not too sure on 2000, but on XP there is a system restore, where you can turn back the clock and have basically the same configuration when the program was working.

First, I would check to see if the program is running on the background...  Check task manager under processes to see if it is running in there...  If it is running, kill it, and then try to re-start.  If its not running, there should be some kind of logical reason...

It sounds like to me that something went corrupt withthe install, or the uninstallation.  Sounds like maybe some bad registry keys.  I cant really tell you how to fix that besides re-installing widows...  Could you try installing the software on another computer?  I would start there.

Guest fivestar

Either took a windows update or some new piece of software you installed would be my guess.  I would do like Tater said and do a system restore back to a date that you knew it worked and see if it works again.

Hmmm.... I went back a week and then 2 months and it still won't work. I got the job I needed done in the signpro trial but would like to get back to artcut. I much prefer the way it vectorizes raster files compared to signcut.

I have emailed ArtCut regarding this issue, it seems to be very common recently. Their initial answer was to "insert the graphics disk" when asked for the CD-R

I sent a response explaining that this is exactly what our customers are doing. Hopefully they get back to me with a solid solution soon.

Marcus has suggested using the free trial download of SignCut available at

www.sc-x2.com

SignCut is simply a cutting program, but you should be able to save your graphics files as .eps or .ai and open them in SignCut to cut.

I will keep everyone posted on ArtCuts response.

:throw:

I had this problem with the desktop computer I use now so I went back to my old lap top I used artcut on months ago and tried to open it on there and it has the same problem too. It work fine when I retired the computer and now nothing. Wierd. They were installed off the same CD at differnt times on differnt computers and all of a sudden they both stop working at the same time!

Dont know if they are ignoring me, but I sent yet another email requesting an answer to ArtCut.

:)

Yes Ken,they're ignoring you!(hehehe) Actually I think it's part of a great conspiracy.They are upset because their software used to be bundled with the cutters and now they are bundled with signcut.So,they sent a seeker virus to find and disable all of the artcut running on  uscutters.

I think I am going to give up on the artcut and get signcut. I read that there was a discount for artcut users. Does anyone know how to get it. Thanks!

Well billy, I hope that is not the case.  :)

If they offered better support for their product we may have stuck with them.

The solution for now is to use SignCut instead of ArtCut. It will take some getting used to, but it is a more reliable program.

I agree on that 100%! Artcut was on my computer for about two days and that was enough of a waste of my time. Signcut does take a little time,but it's a much better program than artcut.

The problem with the uninstaller error 432  happen to me when I uninstalled the Artcut 2009 in my system with a brand new window 10. Previous version of running on window 7 is fine.  I followed this thread advice, off the Virus scanner for 10 minutes and re installed the program again and its able to start install and complete disk 1. then i installed disk 2 and Usb driver setup. Soon after all is well. Thanks guys. 

Will try Sign cut  after this. Any site to download, highly appreciate link. Tg again