Out There

Graphtec CE5000-60 issues

Seems to be a rash of graphtec cutters needing boards replaced. I thought I would join and see if anyone has had some of my issues.

My CE5000 will act like it's cutting (carriage moves following the cut lines) but will not cut, then all the sudden the blade drops and starts cutting leaving some cut lines uncut. Had Charlie a graphtec tech get into my computer and try and fix it to no avail. Says it's probably one of the boards. Says he will get back to me after I send in my serial number and contact info. Big bummer...no cutter.

Sounds like the blade could be hung on something..Check that the blade is installed all the way and seated..Make sure the blade mech is free to move up and down on its own, also look for a screww that may have come loose and in the way..

Was it working and then you changed something ...If it was working and you changed the blade and now it doesnt work is the scenerio I am talking about??

Always look for the simple things..THEY are what drives us crazy!! :blink:

Yep, the blade was one of the first things I took apart. I was hoping it was some simple stupid thing I was doing, but I went over everything a couple times. The only thing I did change or should say add, was a video card.

One odd thing it is doing I discovered is, the file will cut fine if I send it to the cutter a second time, without changing anything. So the first decal will only be half cut and other will be fine. So at least I can get some work done. I'll just be wasting vinyl though.

From your second description, it sounds more like a communications problem with the computer. Using USB? Seems to be dropping some commands first time through.

Yep, USB. I even changed it out 3 times to eliminate the cable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I dont have to pack it up and send it in.

the only graphtecs I remember needing mobos were from overseas. I think a electrical conversion issue. remember even if it is a p-cut or mh (refine_series) to have your cutter on a good surge suppressor!