vinylmotivations

Banner Material

I am getting a TON of requests for small banners... here and there. Seems like a common size is 2'x4'..... What does everyone use for banner material...

What weight?

Brand?

Sizes to have? I assmed 48" would be a good general purpose?

Pre or non grommeted?

I do not currently do these, and have one coming up I need done sometime this next month for a customer from cut vinyl (only because she wants to be able to change info on it, ie, remove vinyl for updated phone number and address etc.) So need some help!!!

Or another option, if someone were to MAKE blanks for me from bulk rolls they have, I would be willing to pay wholesale and shipping for them for reasonable. Ability to PRINT on them would be a plus as well.

Hey Vinyl, PM John, he's the banner master around here. He knows his stuff on these!!! :thumbsup:

I am getting a TON of requests for small banners... here and there. Seems like a common size is 2'x4'..... What does everyone use for banner material...

What weight?

Brand?

Sizes to have? I assmed 48" would be a good general purpose?

Pre or non grommeted?

I do not currently do these, and have one coming up I need done sometime this next month for a customer from cut vinyl (only because she wants to be able to change info on it, ie, remove vinyl for updated phone number and address etc.) So need some help!!!

Or another option, if someone were to MAKE blanks for me from bulk rolls they have, I would be willing to pay wholesale and shipping for them for reasonable. Ability to PRINT on them would be a plus as well.

I do printed banners if you have a need for those I can almost any order size you will need..

I will pm you my info and I can get you fixed up..

Thanks

stetson5331

John made a good point to me via PM.... MOST banner tapes are only rated to 10-11oz material. The stuff I can get locally is 13. Anyone have good luck with 13oz banners and taped edges?

Seems like most of the named shops around town here in Des Moines all use tape of some sort and only ever use 13oz material.....

I will keep you guys in mind when I need printed product... These first few I need done in cut vinyl, as the customers both want the ability to change the banner later without completely having them redone. One is for a baseball team I have already done work for- and their sponsors change every season as do some players.... the other is for a new hair salon that will be relocating and changing phone numbers in 6 months when their lease is up.....

I am just curious how well 13oz material will hold up with banner tape as thats what 100% of the local shops do- I even called around to verify.

I will keep you guys in mind when I need printed product... These first few I need done in cut vinyl, as the customers both want the ability to change the banner later without completely having them redone. One is for a baseball team I have already done work for- and their sponsors change every season as do some players.... the other is for a new hair salon that will be relocating and changing phone numbers in 6 months when their lease is up.....

I am just curious how well 13oz material will hold up with banner tape as thats what 100% of the local shops do- I even called around to verify.

I don't use tape on my banners I use the Banner Pro and weld the seams on them..It's stronger than sewing and does not put sewing lines in your design...I find it makes the banner cleaner and more durable than sewing...

I will be glad to help you out anytime..

stetson5331

• Like 1

Banner Tape works fine on 13oz and 16oz materials. We either use tape only for indoors or tape and sew for outdoors. Before anyone gets huffy puffy about tape and sewing, we do it because it prevents the material from lifting if the threads loosen plus it helps reinforce the edges under stress/weight. We also give our clients the option to add 3000lb test nylon webbing to the hems for added strength and tie offs. We use White, Black or Clear thread dependent on the banner color.

Banner Tape works fine on 13oz and 16oz materials. We either use tape only for indoors or tape and sew for outdoors. Before anyone gets huffy puffy about tape and sewing, we do it because it prevents the material from lifting if the threads loosen plus it helps reinforce the edges under stress/weight. We also give our clients the option to add 3000lb test nylon webbing to the hems for added strength and tie offs. We use White, Black or Clear thread dependent on the banner color.

I did that for awhile....tape kept gumming up the needle and causing the thread to break.

• Like 1