eebo540

'Cannot Open Port' - Using Flexi 8.6 sv2

Hey guys,

Have a P-cut CS1200 plotter; using with Flexi 8.6 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Install was fine, and both Flexi and the production manager seem to work fine aswell. located in the Program files(x86).

When trying to send the job to the plotter, the production manager reports 'cannot open port.'

I've been researching this issue for a few days but to no avail; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Have a P-cut CS1200 plotter; using with Flexi 8.6 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Install was fine, and both Flexi and the production manager seem to work fine aswell. located in the Program files(x86).

When trying to send the job to the plotter, the production manager reports 'cannot open port.'

I've been researching this issue for a few days but to no avail; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

usb or serial connection? I get this when I switch usb ports and forget to change it in production manager.

I can fix this issue for a small fee Email me

Is that a cut and paste reply?

How bout a little advise with along with the tag of I can fix this issue for a small fee if that won't work. :unsure:

eebo540

I had to delete all installed printers to make Flexi work on Windows 7... could also be a firewall issue. No Charge just a couple of things to consider. ;)

• Like 1

Is that a cut and paste reply?

How bout a little advise with along with the tag of I can fix this issue for a small fee if that won't work. :unsure:

eebo540

I had to delete all installed printers to make Flexi work on Windows 7... could also be a firewall issue. No Charge just a couple of things to consider. ;)

http://support.uscutter.com or to call in 1-888-298-8143 (use option 2 for support)

Mon-Fri...bear in mind that they are on Pacific Time..

They do not charge for support.

OK... This may help.

I have the newest model of CS 1200. Not sure what yours is but mine has the 5 pinch roller wheels not the 4, and laserpoint registration and SD card reader.

I have just recently set mine up... If yours is the newer model like mine this is what you have to do.

I have set mine up now to run in SBE... My CS 1200 came with Flexi Starter 8.6 like yours and was cutting in this before l changed to SBE.

In Production manager "Set up" select CS 1200G not just CS 1200 (If yours is the newer model

In ports set as comm 4 (This is what mine is)

You Must set your Baud at 38400 in Flexi and the cutter as CS 1200G (If the newest model) or else the cutter wont work.

If you do have the newer model it states this in the manual.

Mine is running on my laptop with Vista 32 bit... So should be the same for Windows 7.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Did it look like a cut and paste post? If so, oh well, if it's a computer issue I offer my services, if its a cutter ask Uscutter, I didn't say the OP HAD to use my service did I? Or am I missing it? You want me to work on puters for free? Think again there bud! weeeeeeeeeee

Hey wise guy, how about you making me alot of signage for free...?? You do free signage don't you? Uh yeah right!

Firewall ppffssttt hahahahaah Yeah, your real close there! NOT! heheheheh

Yeah, take John's advise and call up Uscutter they will help you for free

My 2 Cent :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll have a go at getting this plotter working tonight :)

Will let you know how it goes, appreciate the help (uhhh, except for 'Ash Computers'.... small fee? lol!!)

Don't worry EE you'll get it fixed, I just know you will!

Good Luck to ya

And just remember me when your giving away your signs, I'll send you my physical address hehheheeheh

Newb's just gotta lov'em weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And, Have a great day! :blink:

Hey guys,

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

It seems you meant only free help . I understand wanting suggestions also , but there are plenty of those in other threads which I hope/expect you have searched for & read ( you will get the same suggestions in this thread ). Ash does computer work for a living . That takes a long time sometimes , he was on my computer remotely for over 6 hours ( I think he was looking at pictures of me for most of that time though :) ). Some memebers are hobby only , most are in the sign business , some are in the sign business & also other things ( most of the members ) Ash's main business is computer repair ( he auditions on X-Factor also ) , It might have been better for him to wait until all the suggestions were given & tried before he offered his service ( VERY REASONABLE ) From my experience , USCutter does not get into compueter issues very far ... & they are not open 24/7 like this forum is . Ash is available 24/7 most of the time .

At any rate , I know there are other members besides myself who have benifited from Ash offering his services here . Initial set-up like your situation is almost always a seting type issue & suggestions here or USCutter will get you going . If you ever need computer stuff done , I suggest trying Ash . My computer worked many times better than when it was new after Ash got done . My only bitch is I didn't find him years before . Talk about the frustration I would have saved .. I would not have near as much gray hair .... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Did it look like a cut and paste post? If so, oh well, if it's a computer issue I offer my services, if its a cutter ask Uscutter, I didn't say the OP HAD to use my service did I? Or am I missing it? You want me to work on puters for free? Think again there bud! weeeeeeeeeee

Hey wise guy, how about you making me alot of signage for free...?? You do free signage don't you? Uh yeah right!

Firewall ppffssttt hahahahaah Yeah, your real close there! NOT! heheheheh

Yeah, take John's advise and call up Uscutter they will help you for free

My 2 Cent :rolleyes:

YES... I asked about a cable on here and you posted the same ol' same ol' "Can Help For A Small Fee". And have seen that many times so I kinda guess you have that in a "Special" file or maybe you have a app that lets you click and paste. People come to these boards to get help and I see that many are happy to offer that as they have gotten it in kind at some point. As for doing free work I do my share... built 450 foot of iron fence for the local Cemetery to match the 1865 fence that was there...signs for the Church... just built a new gear for a rototiller for a old gent that was being told it was Not Available and he's have to replace the transmission.... to be fair I did charge him for the Bronze refused his offer to pay more.... told him to donate it if he felt the need or help out the next person down the road it's not all about a buck with me. I do cause it makes me feel good... selfish I know. So I don't go trolling for work on the boards.

I'm sure US Cutter would be happy to sell you a banner add "I can fix this issue for a small fee" Earl Shibe... I mean Ace Computers.

As for the firewall well the Tech at SAI the people that make the program stated that the thing could interfere with communication... but what does he know about such thing. I guess since they did not charge me a small fee to help it must be BS. :rolleyes:

There's A Nickel... keep the change. ;)

• Like 1

Ash it sounds like your "puter business" must be pretty slow if all you do is offer support on here 24/7 "for a small fee"

And just remember me when your giving away your signs, I'll send you my physical address hehheheeheh

Newb's just gotta lov'em weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And, Have a great day! :blink:

You mean you think these newbs ( Snapper & Toadstool ) might have another member name also .... or be banned members trolling ? Hmmmm I hope not .

• Like 1

Ash it sounds like your "puter business" must be pretty slow if all you do is offer support on here 24/7 "for a small fee"

I think he is the " Bionic Man " & does not need ( or can't ) sleep . He told me he was thinking of starting a flower selling business like a buddy of his ( 5 ) has , but would rather hang out here & help out . Advice is free , actual work via remote is part of his business & he charges a token amount for that . :angel:

• Like 1

WOW... Just reading through this !!!

Don't know if my opinion counts for anything... I'm a world away from most of you guys and feel like a bit of an outsider.

I think the main thing is eeboo got his cutter going :)

Since l have been a member and reading through the forums l have actually found solutions to some problems l have had.

Occasionally l have to ask the question if I'm still having problems and sure... " The free advise " after all that's why everyone gets on here to try and get some help and get up and running and start making some money.

I have been in the sign industry for over 30 years, in the early days all l done was brush work and all the traditional sign work that went with it.

Over that time because of technology, and plotters being so cheap that anybody can buy one and tap into the sign business, my business doesn't make what it used to.... So what do l do ??

I sell a few stickers on Ebay... Sell stickers at car shows and swap meets... Pinstriping at hot rod shows etc.

It's a bit like having a part time job which helps me get new clients and repeat work for my business especially in these economical times.

So in Ash's defence... BUT not taking sides, l can't see a problem with what he's doing... it's really no different to what l do.

Sometimes it's more than just a simple communication problem between your PC and plotter.

The last time l had PC repairs done where l am it was around $90.00 per hour and that was sometime ago...

Ash is going to fix a PC problem for a mate of mine in the near future just for a very small cost.... I think that's fair enough, all contributes to his business and if people are happy with what he does he gains new repeat clients... That's Business.

Gary.

• Like 2

Signs , Your opinion counts as much as any member here !!! & location is not of any matter !!! This forum is made up of nice people & you fit right in :thumbsup:

I agree 100 % , getting Eebo working is what mattered !!!

I agree with what you say about Ash . I also try to be unbiased in anything I say or do , buddy or not . Ash's service is a bargain , he charges $$$CHEAP for a FULL service , virus removal & goes WAY beyond any other repair that I have paid much more for .

• Like 1

Thanks guy's, I try my best, but try not to charge on here like other's would. I also try to do as much free work as I can to help people.

I know it's hard right now with the economy the way it is, if you can't afford to pay, just PM me, I'll help you for free

So instead of insulting, all they had to do was just ask, I also donate ALOT of my time to helping other, less fortunate people out there get going.

Again, thanks for the kind words, I try my best. ;)

• Like 1

I can vouch for Ash also, he spent some time on the phone and emails with me when I had some questions about a print server. He didn't have to do that and I really appreciated it. Hopefully some day I can either help him out or help someone else out and pass on to someone else.

It's one thing to answer a quick question its another thing to spend more than a few minutes doing something. I have another computer issue that I am well aware will take him more than a few minutes to fix and I have offered to pay him for his time. I for one believe you get what you pay for and I don't expect anyone to do anything for free. Help is one thing, work is another.

• Like 2