You don't "layer" in SB; you work in colors. When you go to the cut screen, you choose which colors to cut. One or as many as you wish. You should read some more and then just "play" with the software to see how everything works.

• Like 1

You have to be much more specific in what you want. "Layering" is too generic to mean much. Like I said, you create in more than one color. You cut the first color, then cut the second color. Then you weed and assemble the cut graphics, one color on top of the other. There are plenty of videos and tutorials around that show how to do it. But you have to tell us exactly what you want to do and what about it you don't understand...

ok im doing a graphic for a business just say for example the OPEN sign they what it in layered vinyl im looking to see how to layer it on screen and cut ive done one but it didnt turn out right it cut it to much so what do i press to say make it come out in black and green black on top green on bottom

I hate to be rude, but after reading your posts over the last few weeks, I think your best bet may be sub out the jobs you have committed to and go learn how to do what you are trying to charge people for before taking any more.

I normally don't comment on this kind of stuff. It really frustrates me that you seem as though you have zero idea of what you are doing, and are counting on the fact that others care enough about their own businesses to have LEARNED how to do their job so that they can tell you how to do everything.

And since I am ranting, Please learn how to type coherent sentences too :)

Rant over, and I expect to be blasted for this, but I just had to let it out...

i am new so please excuse me. i mean everyone has there mistakes and stuff. im just trying to get everything going so i can "be like you". Not trying to be rude but at one point in time you were a beginner at this, so if i have offended you then im sorry ive switched to flexi. I know it seems like im asking alot of questions and its because "I'M NEW" at this and need to learn some things from the pros that do this everyday. By chance if i do sub this work out that im trying to do then there is no benefit for me in the long run. im trying to start this because the guy that did all my work for me shutdown shop because the owner of the building wanted too turn it into something else. i have learned alot from the people who post on my topics. so please if i offend you autzenoise then by goodness dont read my post just ignore them ashcomputers, rodger, bearlyrich and a bunch more know what they are talking about and are willing to help me/others and when i get better at this you best believe ill throw some big projects there way that my cutter cant handle. we are all in this for the same reason wheather it be a hobby, or a full or part time job, for me its part time because my hours have been cut by one of the major companies of the USA, and around the world so before you cut someones throat for asking questions and wondering about how things work and go around then help someone out instead of posting things like you did and so by that if i offended ANYONE in this post then please feel free to PM me and we can get things on a good note.

P.S THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME IN GETTING STARTED I APRECIATE IT VERY MUCH!!!

I appreciate your response and understand, to a point, where you are coming from.

My point is that you are taking on customers that are expecting that you are a professional, and know how to create the product that you are representing that you know how to make. You don't. That is what I am taking issue with. If you plan to make a living at this, then at the very least put something in to your education and spend hours upon hours designing, cutting, weeding, screwing up, learning and doing it all over again BEFORE you take a job away from someone that has spent their time becoming a professional at what they do.

You are not ready to be taking peoples money right now for a professional product. I am sure that after some time, and practice, you will be able to put out amazing things, and have a great customer base. Until you are ready to though ask everyone questions because you are trying to learn, not because you took a job and promised something you can't deliver yet.

Good luck to you, and I hope that you have a quick learning curve so that you can make a go of your new business :)

Most of my customers are my friends and they are understanding that im new at this so they arent really fussing about anything. THEY pay for there own vinyl and they understand that if the design doesnt come out the way they like they know and understand that we are new at this. i rarely have a graphics shop around me they are 30 to 60 miles away and im not driving that far just for a couple of decals so i thought this would be a interesting way to get started. The guy that use to do all of are stuff only does contracts now with schools and big orders, i understand that he does this because he knows that he will get his money so he will not be wasting vinyl on others. Me i always paid in advance because i know his product is awesome, hes the one that gave me my first cutter but i didnt have a driver to run it. i would like to make a couple designs and let some of these pros see how they can come up with a final product, i would like to learn as much as possible but im more of a hands on person just like fishing for others( if you give fish they wont learn anything if you teach then how to fish they learn for life. most likely for shirts and stuff im going to do a design and sub them out until i get everything i need in and mess up a couple times before i say i can do this the right way. but id like to say thanks you for your words of wisdom.