godstrong1

large sign vinyl application

i am wondering what is the best way to apply a large 6'x4' piece of printed vinyl onto a 6'x4' piece of lexan plastic. a friend of mine does this with a laminator,but i dont have a laminator. how would i do apply this with getting alot of air bubbles. thanks

Apply it wet if not comfortable laying it down dry. You can make your own wet app brew. There are some great recipes here on this site. Sorry, I don't have a link right off. Do a quick search.

do i need 2 people for this, one holding the vinyl while the other squeegees the vinyl? if so is there a trick of the trade for a single person installing this?

That would be very helpful to have a helper. But if not available use the hinge method by taping it in place. But be very careful not to get the backing paper wet. If you get it wet you will have problems peeling off the backing. Not at all fun.

If the lexan is easy access like in your work area or on wall I would lay your vinyl down face down peel the back spray the heck out of it with your solution and then do the same with lexan and place it on the lexan and move it around and slowly start working the solution out with squeegee working from the center outward. Go slow and gentle in the beginning it will stick and stay in place.