Dbannon

Which direction to go now?

The cut vinyl business is doing great. Making signs and graphics. Now I'm looking to expand, but I don't know which direction to go. Do I go into the apparel and get a silk screen set-up, or a DTG printer? Or do I go with a wide format printer and do printed graphics? There are a few Silk Screen businesses around this small community. Only one business who does printed graphics. I would like to go into something that'll help in the four month of the year that's slow. Any suggestions? How do I research the demand in small rural communities? Ask the experts on US Cutter. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

With the economy officially going into a 2nd resession , I would be wary of spending alot of money right now . Disposable money might get harder for most people . I have seen screen printing set-ups sell for $1500 new at sign shows . That should not be that hard to pay for itself & show a profit . Trouble is , you can have shirt done for about $5 complete by outsourcing & make money without any expense . The DTG , I don't know how much it costs to get started , but at the sign shows a couple years ago ,it was BIG loot .

Roxy , what is a transfer kit ? I have been thinking of getting transfers made by sending them my file .

http://www.transfere...e/Marketing.asp Once you buy a kit, you can set up an www.easyprints.com link on your website, business cards, etc. and let folks pretty much design their own shirts.... When you are a dealer, you can use the designer on www.transferexpress.com to do a virtual sample...Their prices are not cheap but with all the artwork they have, many sales are very easy....And you can make money....

post-8653-0-26928200-1307885802_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Thanks , I see it is worth the cost for what you get . I am a big fan of letting people design their own stuff . That was a BIG reason I bought my own cutter . I have a buddy who has made me anything in cut vinyl I want for the past 30 years . He has never let me pay for anything , but he would never let me sit down & play with the designing software . He does mostly dirt race cars & he is way too " artistic " for me . I got my cutter to make my own stuff & eventually be a big part of my business when I semi retire .

Who is the cheapest/best combo to have transfers made from already made files ?

I can print any size heat transfer you want. I use a 60" Latex machine and I can do any art changes you want or need. My wholesale rates are really low and can turn things in 24hrs typically.