chucky

cutter cutting its own thing

I have a creation pcut 630 . Its an old one so has a serial,parrallel outlet. I have bought a usb adaptor. I got it working eventually on my computer using vista. I used artcut 2002. That computer is dying so I bought a laptop and has windows7.

When I plug the usb adapter it finds its own driver which is aten. I am sure I used a different driver on my vista computer caller prolific.

The laptop wont install the prolific driver, something to do with windows7.

So I have artcut 2002 installed, go to do a test cut and it just cuts what it wants, long lines, squiggly lines, just not what I want.

I have tried artcut 2009 as well and have the same problem.

help please

all serial to usb adapters are not the same - get a keyspan adapter then use the roldand pnc1000 drivers

all serial to usb adapters are not the same - get a keyspan adapter then use the roldand pnc1000 drivers

Is there a cheaper way, those adapters cost $60 here in Australia and what if it doesn't work.

I tried installing everything back on the computer thats dying. I can't get the cutter to work on that anymore

Is there a cheaper way, those adapters cost $60 here in Australia and what if it doesn't work.

I tried installing everything back on the computer thats dying. I can't get the cutter to work on that anymore

better yet get a desktop with a serial port . . . .

I have a desktop but it doesnt work on that either anymore.

We don't have a walmart here, will maybe have to buy online and take the risk it works.

new problem,

I am using signblazer software now, the cutter looks like it is going through the motions and cutting the right stuff but the blade doesn't drop down to actually cut.

First thing to do is a test cut right at the cutter. If it works and cuts the test rectangle, then it's outside the cutter. If it doesn't drop the blade and cut the rectangle, then there's something wrong with the cutter itself.