stage6designs

Communication Issue with LP 24

I have a Laserpoint 24. It's about 3 weeks old. Out of no where in the middle of a plot the plotter just stops at random and just says "waiting". Nothing happens. This is getting quite annoying as it is wasting a ton of vinyl. When watching device manager the USB device never disappears or changes. I have tried 5 cuts and it happens every time. Any ideas?

-Windows 7

-SignBlazer

-USB

-Vector is small. 9.5 x 11.5 inches.

(this is my first post so if you need more info let me know)

Thank you,

Danny

I thought you've bought a LCD screen and were waiting for it :P

Don't have a Laserpoint, but it might be a communication error.

Check you cable, unplug and plug it again, reinstall drivers, try all that or get in touch with tech support, maybe this happened before and they know what it is.

(where's Ash?)... Buy a Keyspan adapter and get rid of your USB connection. Or go straight serial (RS-232) if you have the port.

• Like 1

(where's Ash?)... Buy a Keyspan adapter and get rid of your USB connection. Or go straight serial (RS-232) if you have the port.

Yes I actually had one. I was up until 2am. I had a Belkin USB to 9 pin laying around from my telecom days. I made two cuts 13.5 x 40.0 inches. When to make the third. And then it came back waiting. Now I can't communicate at all. I have reset every piece of equipment. At a loss.