XLII-Guy

Home Made Sandwich Boards

All the materials were purchased at a local Lowe's

Handi-panel 1/2" x 2' x 4' - $15 each (2)

Door Hinges (2) - $4 each (2)

Eye screws - $4 package of 12

Snap Links - $1.50 each (2)

18" of brass chain - $1 per foot

GRAND TOTAL FOR EACH SIGN - $44.50 +/-

Add whatever your cost is for 16 sq ft of vinyl for each color you're going to use (An over-estimate) and you get your total for materials. The whole process took me about 7 hours all told. It may take you less time. I split up the project over a few days. It usually takes me about a half an hour to "get in the groove" so, if I had done the whole project in one sitting, it probably would have taken me 5 +/- hours... That time estimate was for two signs...

The client was delighted and I'm certain I'll be getting more work from him.

Sweet, thanks for taking time to do this. The way you did these does have a great, clean look that pre-fabbed ones cannot get.

• Like 2

roxy, you omitted the "probably"! LOL That is funny. :D

Thanks for pointing that out , I had not noticed ... Roxy ... THAT is Hilarious !!!

Roger is smarter than me.....Just took me a while to realize it....I have stubborn streak!

I would not say smarter , but maybe as much or more humorous ... but after doing that edit , I think you passed me in humor :thumbsup: I like stubborn people .. I have not known many other type of people :) & me .... I make a Bank Mule look compliant :)

Thanks from me too XL...I am still in learning mode so I will probably take 20 yards and 10 hours! lol

great project!!!

XL, your the man!!!!!! Do you know how many of those prefab suckers I've lost in just the past year...........

You calculate, 60 + 60 = $120.00 in just 2 of the plastic suckers, I've had 12!!!!!

+++1 on the sandwich boards XL !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

@Roxy, that's hilarious girl... I loved how you put smart and Rodger in the same sentence wwwhhahahaha!!!! :blink:;):D

• Like 1

@Roxy, that's hilarious girl... I loved how you put smart and Rodger in the same sentence wwwhhahahaha!!!! :blink:;):D

What you talkin about Willus :huh:

What you talkin about Willus :huh:

Thought you'd love that one weeeeeeeeeeeee heheheheeheh

Thought you'd love that one weeeeeeeeeeeee heheheheeheh

:blink::bear::police:

I have seen some of these sort of things at the Local Home Depot... I think they had a pretty decent looking fiberglass one that was pretty hefty for about 55$ or so.... I probably would spend the time building myself if I was being purely thrifty... but lazy? Yeah I would probably buy them LOL.

They were these I believe... but this is the ONLINE price. I don't remember them being THAT much. They also carry the Simpoh ones USC has.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202487797/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

No problem... Just open the PDF in Illustrator or CorelDRAW and save as an EPS. I would post the EPS but it weighs in at 2.3MB...

Thanks alot man and signs look great Nice Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've seen those light weight plastic ones go flying down the sidewalk with a big gust of wind though.

Seems signcade has that worked out - found this on another site

A rugged plastic collapsible A-frame sign with hinges that have a lock in position feature and molded handles for easy portability. Note: Prepare surface with alcohol before applying vinyl directly to face. For extra stability fill with sand using funnel. When attaching user supplied removable sign blanks simply drill holes in stand and attach with the special screw receptacles with expandable backsides. The backside expands creating a dry wall. Or there is instuctions on preparation using Flame Treating for your SigniCADE.

M_plasticade_cut.jpgQuantity in Basket: None

Code: SS-PL-MIN-WH

Price: $27.65

Ship Weight: 10.00 lbs.

Quantity in Basket: None

Code: SS-PL-SQU-OR

Price: $49.75

Ship Weight: 15.00 lbs.

Code: SS-PL-SGN-YL

Price: $52.35

Ship Weight: 19.00 lbs.

Good Job Its not not the cost its the experience.(Looks Grate Don't Let Anyone Get YOU DOWN)

Good Job Its not not the cost its the experience.(Looks Grate Don't Let Anyone Get YOU DOWN)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

’m not sure where you are getting your information on sandwich boards, but it really is a good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my college project.

post-19141-0-08585300-1312013096_thumb.j