stuart

need a bit of help please

hi all

been trying for ages now to sort this file out but not doing very well.

what i need is to cut this so that the colour of the bike shows through it needs a good border if you know what i mean

i keep getting a very thin border which i dont think will stick to the bike

thanks in advance

stu

hi all

what i need is to cut this so that the colour of the bike shows through it needs a good border if you know what i mean

thanks in advance

stu

We're gonna need some more info on this. Are you wanting to layer the colors? When you say good border, are you going to use a laminate over the whole graphic? Where is the bike color going to show through?

If I were doing it, I would do a "path offset" of .25" on the white outline (delete the original path) and another offset on the black by .125" then stack the red on the black and the outlined path becomes the over-laminate to protect the whole graphic. Make sure to make registration marks corresponding to each color.

hi all

thanks in advance

stu

We're gonna need some more info on this. Are you wanting to layer the colors? When you say good border, are you going to use a laminate over the whole graphic? Where is the bike color going to show through?

If I were doing it, I would do a "path offset" of .25" on the white outline (delete the original path) and another offset on the black by .125" then stack the red on the black and the outlined path becomes the over-laminate to protect the whole graphic. Make sure to make registration marks corresponding to each color.

kawasaki_zx12r-1.ai

thanks for quick reply

the graphic is going to be 1 colour but with just a wide outline so that the colour or the bike will show through most of the graphic if that makes sense.

my pc with illustrator on has broken down so i cant open your file to check it out

eps or cdr would be fine.

thanks for your help

stu

It is not clear what you want ... Do you want something like the top emblem , only with a bolder outline ( my thought of what you describe ) ?

You cam make that bolder or add a outline on the 2 bottom emblems . In SignBlazer , I would use 0 offset & 1/4" thickness on the bottom 2 or add 1/8 " to the top .. play with thickness settings until it looked like what i wanted . .

you guys are what makes this forum so good

thanks to you all for you help,and sorry i never explained myself very well

tekorps you hit it bang on the nail,thanks

stu

would you care to give a idiots guide as to how you done it please

stu

stu, I opened it in Illustrator and took the top image with thin outline, selected just that image and then widen the outline by using the outline/color panel, then converted the path to outlines.

stu, I opened it in Illustrator and took the top image with thin outline, selected just that image and then widen the outline by using the outline/color panel, then converted the path to outlines.

do you know if this is possible in corel x3

thanks again

stu

:thumbsup: