Sign in to follow this  
midwaste

What's it worth?

Hey all, been awhile!

Someone local to me has a Mutoh Falcon Jr 38" printer, a Q100 54" Cutter and some sort of laminator for sale, along with a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. He wants 10K for it, which I am 100% certain it isn't worth, even if the printer is in perfect shape.

Anybody familiar with these printers or what they might be worth?

Hey Dude, whats up ?

So you're looking for a printer too uh ?

I've been reading and researching for a while, and I was so close to grab a FJ50 for almost nothing to get it converted, but the guy chickened out at the last minute. The guy knows a lot and he has been working with machines for a long time, and he told me to stay away for the smaller versions from Mutoh, maybe a Valuejet but that's an expensive one if you're in a budget.

For that money you can but a converted Roland print/cut and keep some change to spend on a laminator later on.

Hope all's well for you.

Did you try the SS thing I sent you ?

I ran across this on CL, not sure I'm looking for a printer or not.. You sent me to the company that does the conversions/upgrades right? I checked them out, and if I thought I could pay back 5K in any appreciable amount of time, I'd jump on it.

I haven't tried the SS thing, been waiting for a job that required it! 2 week old been keeping me busy when I'm not cranking out 1/2 color shirts!