sandgink

Heat transfer vinyl

Greetings all,

I recently did an order of stormtech coats for a local Bow Club, and the vinyl I used for the bowtech logo and the deer head appears to be bleeding through the vinyl.

I used 2 separate kinds of vinyl, which I probably shouldn't do but hey I'm new. one was from www.silkscreeningsupplies.com the other was FLEXplus from heat transfer warehouse. the only one that appears to be bleeding is the flexplus. (see photos)

I posted this question before just prior to the forum server being upgraded and the posts for that day were lost, but I remember one of the comments said that flexplus was real thin,

Does anyone have a thickness list of the different vinyls. I believe I can overpress a new image to fix the problem but I need to know what materials would be thicker.

I appologize the colors are off because my niece was playing with my phone and changed the camera settings.

This one shows the entire back.

post-16848-0-49792200-1307199153_thumb.j

This shows what the vinyl is doing

post-16848-0-91568700-1307199139_thumb.j

post-16848-0-59137200-1307199177_thumb.j

These 2 show what the deer head is doing.

post-16848-0-20324900-1307199234_thumb.j

post-16848-0-20324900-1307199234_thumb.j

I need to repair/replace this coat, but would like some advice from the P-R-O-fessionals before I do.

thanks

Jake

post-16848-0-77473200-1307199200_thumb.j

I've had good luck with the thermoflex plus but you might check you heat and time settings. I press at 175 C for 20 seconds. Also, cover with teflon sheet or parchment paper before pressing.

Hope this helps.

Jon

I'd use this jacket as a tester now. Almost looks like it was under too much pressure and pulled the color of the jacket thru. Cut some strips of your vinyl and test with lighter pressure, temp adjustments etc. I've never had this happen but have also never used either of those vinyls. I've always used eco film or easy weed with best success. and i have those as my preference because they have very sticky backer sheet and I cut alot of very very small lettering and detail images.

That's dye migration from the jackets into the vinyl, caused usually by low-energy dyes, but it will almost always happen to some degree with 100% poly garments. You need this.

As far as salvaging that coat, you could try putting another layer over the colors, but it will probably bleed into that vinyl too, as well as being pretty thick..