vinylmotivations

Vinyl Express Q Series

Anyone out there have a Vinyl Express Q series cutter??? I have been conversing with a gal from SignWarehouse regarding buying one in the future.... Here is what I have gotten out of them. My question was IF and HOW similar the VE Q is to the Graphtec cutter...

Thank you for your interest in Sign Warehouse!

You're right, the Vinyl Express Qe60 and Q Series cutters are comparable to the Graphtec models. The Vinyl Express are manufactured for us by Graphtec and sold under our brand name. There is not a media basket available for the Q Series, if that is an important feature for you I suggest going with the Graphtec brand.

Quality is not a concern on any of the models you are looking at. All of the components of the cutters are the same. There are things that are changed when they are OEM products and those are the catch basket on the Q Series, a little less downforce (which doesn't make a difference in material you can cut unless you want to do prismatic or high intensity reflective), and the ARMS (an optional feature on the Qe60, Q24 and Q30).

We are able to sell these cutters at reduced prices, compared to the brand name equipment, due to the large volume at which we purchase the equipment and because it is branded under our name, which gives us leniency on pricing.

If the components are the same why does the VEQ have less downforce? Obviously SOMETHING changed. Anyone have one and have enough knowledge to compare the 2? Thanks!

I agree, Ive read till my eyes bleed and I am going Graphtec,

the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the CE5000 package USC has, is that the FC8000

is what I really really want.....

The Q series is made by Graphtec for SW...I have the Q54 as well and it's a great cutter..I cut everything from reflective down to 1mil chrome just fine..It came with Graphtec paperwork and blades in the box..I find when I need their service support SW may have to call you back but are friendly and capable to help...I would not hessitate to buy another as since January I would imagine I have cut well over 3 - 5 thousand yards of vinyl for my bulk logo contracts without a hitch...The Q series is not only comparable to a Graphtec it's made by them..DON'T hesitate I would buy it again DEFINITLY for the price..Get the ARMS featured cutter don't go without it..It makes contour cutting soooooo easy!!..

PM me if you want my sales gals name and I can give you her extension ( if you want) she always cuts me a deal on vinyl and stuff when I need it...

I realise their MADE by graphtec, but the only thing I worry about is in order to sell them at the price they do to SW, It makes me wonder, other than shear quantity, how their able to offer that price and if it is done by utilising lesser expensive components etc.... They said the Q series offers slightly less downforce which is not a big deal to me, but if they were in fact, the same hardware, nothing would change between the 2.

I do like the fact the FC series comes with the catch basket and have a long track record of quality and good tracking (up to 70ft, not just 50...)

The main reason I started this thread was I found no really good information in any other threads that was comprehensive about the VEQ series cutters.

SW sucks! Their tech support is incompetent and act as if you do not know what is going on. I bought a plotter ( VE R24 or Redsail RS24) from them a few years back before purchasing my Graphtec FC8000. The plotter last 3 weeks before it broke, had to fight to get another and it wasn't any better than the first one. When I bought my Graphtec....else where, they tried to say I needed a new version of their Vinyl Express LXi for the Graphtec 8000 to work, which I already had the 8.6v in the beginning. The Graphtec will work on either language HPGL or GPGL, I had the Graphtec running on Vista before a driver was ever produce for it. Personally, if you get a plotter buy a Graphtec...if you can handle the cost get the FC8000 model. Nothing is wrong with the other models but the FC8000 models are heavy duty. What SW doesn't tell you is that, they take the RMS system off their rename Q models and sell as optional systems. If you check the prices, you are not saving much. However, the FC8000 are more now then when I purchased mine. Stay away from Redsail, VE models, and Q models!

To save you the headache of their so-called tech support and inept customer service buy elsewhere, you will be relieved. Good luck.

I have a Q30, Mutoh 1204, Flexi pro 11 cloud.

Since may 2014 my life has been a living hell

When they work all is good, but they never do consistently and if you got them at SW you're stuck with them

Get a real Graphtec

Flexi is the worst piece of crap I've ever used. I paid for other software just to cut.

Mutoh, good luck, cost is the only reason anyone should buy one. You must be a high volume shop to keep it running smoothly. Use their inks only and be prepared for lots of maintenance cleaning

I run a q75 on flexi and lxi no problems. I ran around 30 yards of siser through it in the last 2 days without a single hiccup. Sound like you got yourself a lemon