woodnsaws

vinyl removal question

how do i remove 2100 series vinyl??...and how long can i keep it on before it's a real pain to remove?

i am thinking i will change the lettering every so often, just to keep'em on guard!!

i am only lettering my own vehicles & and a choice few of my friends.

here is a couple of pic's of my vehicles, and thanks in advance for helping me!

I believe that is a performance 9 year cast vinyl... Once it is installed and the adhesive has set it will be a bear to remove regardless. Would say you should be good no matter what. Warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and it should peel right off. Then use some Rapid Remover to remove the adhesive.

the vehicles i'm lettering are black. do you think that color speeds up the adhesive adhesion? and if i leave the vinyl a long time will you see shadow of what was there?...that's why i was going to change the lettering numerous times!

Darker colors do collect much more heat, and even oracal gives I want to say one of their blue colors less longevity, however you will see paint fade regardless because whatever is covered will not fade, and also there will be fine micro scratches the vinyl will protect whats underneath from whereas surrounding paint will be affected. So no matter what you do you will need some buffing after removal to reduce the appearance of ghosting. Also newer paints do not fade as bad and that looks like a newer truck.

These are all just part of the nature of the beast. Changing the vinyl will not do any good unless youre completely changing the design altogether and not putting it in the same spot.

Use the heat gun & warm the vinyl up as you go. Dont over heat it as there is a fine line between removing it clean and heating it up to the point where the adhesive delaminates itself from the vinyl and yer left with a holy mess to clean up. If yer removing a printed wrap cut it into strips and peel it off in sections, much easier & quicker than trying large sections.

Ben

:) thanks for the feedback!...i was expecting those anwsers. good to know what's comming.