Nikklepikkle

My First Banner - need help pricing.

I did my first 3'x8' banner today for a soccer team...since it's my first I'm really not sure how to price it ... need your input please :)

Thanks a million!!

post-6100-0-33084800-1306836995_thumb.jp

I did my first 3'x8' banner today for a soccer team...since it's my first I'm really not sure how to price it ... need your input please :)

Thanks a million!!

Was it printed or applied graphics?

Take your cost of material times your profit mark up to get your per square foot price..Then multiply that times your sq ft...

when I print a banner like this I get around $150.00 retail, if I had to design it..Since I would never apply graphics to banner blanks for sale I can't help you on applied pricing sorry..

Hope that helps

stetson5331

if it was me it would have been printed. i would ahve sold it for 120.00. for cut viny it would have been more, because of all the labor involved.

banner looks great!!!

I don't have a printer, one can only dream... =( Just me and my PCUT ... Yep I designed it ... of course none of the company logo's were readily available in vector format so I had to make those as well.

with that banner youshould almost have your P Cut paid off. kinda makes it nice.

Printed I would be at 108.00 to 135.00 plus art time, another 30.00+....Cut vinyl I would be at 135.00 to 168.00 plus art time, another 50.00+

Find yourself a wholesale printer within a 1 or 2 days ship and you can farm out jobs like that....

Printed I would be at 108.00 to 135.00 plus art time, another 30.00+....Cut vinyl I would be at 135.00 to 168.00 plus art time, another 50.00+

Find yourself a wholesale printer within a 1 or 2 days ship and you can farm out jobs like that....

Thanks Rox! Perfect, sounds like I'm in the right range for price! I don't mind doing the odd job like this... My "niche" is large wall art ... so this was a piece of cake!

and where would be the fun in that?

Thanks a million!!

Not to put too fine a point on it....but it is normal practice to price things BEFORE you do them. Sooner or later you'll get some asshole who refuses to pay and you'll be stuck with something you can't use, or cave in and take less.

To answer your question...that would be $140 in my shop. No charge for 'art work' that's part of the job to me.

• Like 1

Not to put too fine a point on it....but it is normal practice to price things BEFORE you do them. Sooner or later you'll get some asshole who refuses to pay and you'll be stuck with something you can't use, or cave in and take less.

To answer your question...that would be $140 in my shop. No charge for 'art work' that's part of the job to me.

I did price it before ... it's for a co-worker so I gave him a bit of a break off of what I would have charged. I just wanted to make sure what I would have charged would be in line with what I should be charging ... if/when others ask about it =)

I did price it before ... it's for a co-worker so I gave him a bit of a break off of what I would have charged. I just wanted to make sure what I would have charged would be in line with what I should be charging ... if/when others ask about it =)

good. $5 a square foot is a good starting point for banners. You can add $1 or $2 per sq ft on banners that are difficult or complicated. I usually don't. I've done so many, nothing is hard anymore. The more complicated,the more fun. It breaks the boredom.

good. $5 a square foot is a good starting point for banners. You can add $1 or $2 per sq ft on banners that are difficult or complicated. I usually don't. I've done so many, nothing is hard anymore. The more complicated,the more fun. It breaks the boredom.

Thanks for the great advice John! I'll add a wee bit more to the top...because everything is more expensive in Canada... and go from there. Actually I'm pretty lucky, I live right on the border so I just ship my product to the states and pick it up there... I get to avoid paying the brokerage fees and additional shipping... it really makes it worth my while ... I'd pay nearly double for supplies if I was buying from a Canadian supplier ... to be honest I just don't get why there is such a pricing difference! And with the dollar the way it is right now, it's even that much more of a bonus for me!