karnor

how to make the outline bolder?

I have a font that I want to only print the outline of. Only problem is, when I set it to "outline/wire frame" the lines will be too small to make it useful when I cut it in the vinyl. Any ideas on how to make the outlines thicker? (Sorry if this isn't clear - I can't think of how to word it.)

I have a font that I want to only print the outline of. Only problem is, when I set it to "outline/wire frame" the lines will be too small to make it useful when I cut it in the vinyl. Any ideas on how to make the outlines thicker? (Sorry if this isn't clear - I can't think of how to word it.)

Try outlining it with no space between the letters and the outline...Just a guess

Good luck

MM64 B)

select the items , click "manipulate" in the toolbar . click "expand/outline/inline" . Click " outline " & unselect " keep original " . Set the values at .0001 for offset & try .30 to start with for the thickness & then click " OK " . Experiment with the thicknes until you get what you like . I don't remember having to have an offset before , but now to get rid of the original , I have to have some offset .

• Like 1

Never mind... I guess I should be mindfull of what subject I'm in... I can do it for you in Corel ... if you want to send me your eps.

better to teach how to catch a fish , instead of givng a fish :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay... Thanks everyone for the replies. Mr. Karma -- I like your reply -- I want to learn how to do it for myself for future use, but I *do* sincerely appreciate the offer from Nikklepikkle to help me by using Corel draw.

I'll try the suggestions and let you know how it works.

Mr. Karma --- perfect solution. Thanks!!

you can also take the text, manipulate, outline, offset it then arrange, weld, punch through. you'll have both the text and outline, just separate, delete the unwanted items and there you go. Change colors and it will cut separate no problem.

Mr. Karma --- perfect solution. Thanks!!

:D You are more than welcome :thumbsup: . Jay2703 is the master at SignBlazer . if you feel like reading & learning .. read his content ( in his profile ) or read thru the SIgnBlazer section . ALOT of info . I learn something new every time I read thru it .