lonestarcountrymusic

What printers?

epson doesnt sell any that can be used?

Not for what you're looking for I dont think. The WF1100 like I use, you have to cut sheets off the roll manually.

versacamm

mutoh

Now J you got em backwards and I bet Uncle will chime in..

MUTOH RULES

and then theres versacamm...LMAO..

I know bith great orinters just havin a lil fun with ya!! ;D

• Like 1

no problem stetson. i know my versacamm prints better than a mutoh for half the price.

• Like 1

no problem stetson. i know my versacamm prints better than a mutoh for half the price.

OHHHHHH NO u diunt!! :o

Oh wait do you know what 4 bits is..LOL!!!! :D

Now it should go Mutoh rules :thumbsup: and versacamm drools :P ..LMAO!!

• Like 1

The quick & dirty answer is you need a printer that uses SOLVENT ink. None of the wide format HP's or Canon's or whatever use solvent ink. Epson has come out with a solvent printer, its about 20 - 25 Grand, not a bad price for a quality machine. The industry standards are Roland and Mutoh, they can go upwards of 50 grand but can be had used for around the 10 grand mark in excellent condition.

Keep in mind the printer is only the half of it, print heads can be thousands of dollars each and ink and material will quickly suck up all yer cash. A bundle roll of 3M 180 will run you a grand easy.

Mutoh is the top of the line solvent printers!!

The cost for materials extremely low..My 54" Mutoh list price right now is only $27,000.00

A roll of printable vinyl to do outdoor full color adhesive vinyl (3-5 yr fade on the ink) is less than .22 cents per square foot..

No one in the world would believe the low costs to print vinyl and contour cut a decal..

If you have the means to buy a printer buy a quality top of the line and don't go Mickey Mouse (private joke) on your printer..Just some very good advice...

stetson5331

Mutoh is the top of the line solvent printers!!

The cost for materials extremely low..My 54" Mutoh list price right now is only $27,000.00

A roll of printable vinyl to do outdoor full color adhesive vinyl (3-5 yr fade on the ink) is less than .22 cents per square foot..

No one in the world would believe the low costs to print vinyl and contour cut a decal..

If you have the means to buy a printer buy a quality top of the line and don't go Mickey Mouse (private joke) on your printer..Just some very good advice...

stetson5331

Ok Goofy!!! if you buy a mutoh you also have to spend another 3000-5000 for a cutter. but with the versacamm you can print and cut on the same machine. this is great but it also causes a problem. if you are printing you cannot cut or viceversa. so both machines have their ups and downs. but i will say my versacamm prints better than any mutoh any day.

Ok Goofy!!! if you buy a mutoh you also have to spend another 3000-5000 for a cutter. but with the versacamm you can print and cut on the same machine. this is great but it also causes a problem. if you are printing you cannot cut or viceversa. so both machines have their ups and downs. but i will say my versacamm prints better than any mutoh any day.

Roland actually just released (i think) a new machine. Its their BN-20 model. Can print and cut like 18.5-20" i believe and will even print using a metallic solvent ink as well!!!

Maybe worth a look, near as I can tell the ESRP is around 8,000$

Roland actually just released (i think) a new machine. Its their BN-20 model. Can print and cut like 18.5-20" i believe and will even print using a metallic solvent ink as well!!!

Maybe worth a look, near as I can tell the ESRP is around 8,000$

fyi on the white and metalic it slowes your printer down to like 10sqft and hour. make sure you look it up. it really is not worth the extra money. also for the 8000 it is going to cost you. you might as well just get a sp300v then you will have a 30" printer cutter. also they do not make print vinyl rolls under 30". at least i have not found them yet.

fyi on the white and metalic it slowes your printer down to like 10sqft and hour. make sure you look it up. it really is not worth the extra money. also for the 8000 it is going to cost you. you might as well just get a sp300v then you will have a 30" printer cutter. also they do not make print vinyl rolls under 30". at least i have not found them yet.

Point well taken, and noted! Thanks~!

:blink: are you crazzzzzzy!!!!!! Versacamm aint that a motorcycle with 2 front wheels/...LMAO!! or maybe I saw it at disney land in MICKEY'S kingdom or something..LMAOA!!! :huh:

I agree on a serious note both machines are top of the line machines Mutoh being a much superiour printer and Graphtec being the cutter of choice (BY ME ;D )..

A print n cut machine can only do one or the other at a time..When cutting you can not print and while printing you can not cut..Draw back for sure..But the seperate machines are the same way, when I am printing I can cut and when I am cutting I can print, but not the same thing twice..I still have to load the Graphtec to contour cut something after I print it ( draw back)..Each has a place in thier recommended shops..I started out with seperates and found a much better deal on a seperate cutter and printer than one much more cost single machine...I find I can cut one contract on cut n weed vinyl while printing a banner much more efficient for me in my shop, rather than to wait for my cut job to get done before I can print a graphic... and besides J you know you got the Mickey here...LMAO!!..Had to throw another lob at the versa..LMAO!!! :D

I don't know anything about this side of the business either. I was asked if I wanted to buy a used unit that sounds like it prints and cuts.They are going to be getting me the details on the machine. My worry is tat it hasn't been used in a few years. would I be having trouble with the print heads and if so would it cost a lot to fix. Basically would it be better to walk away from the deal?

Thanks,

Christi

Depends on which machine, but heads can be VERY VERY expensive.... And taking on a used machine would be a tough way to start not knowing anything about. Usually when you buy new support is offered in order to successfully operate, maintain and repair your printer. I would walk, depending on the deal you might get.

I suggest hooking up with somebody who has a printer & get whatever you need done . Make money & not have to risk the investment & possible problems involved .

I suggest hooking up with somebody who has a printer & get whatever you need done . Make money & not have to risk the investment & possible problems involved .

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing depending on what it is. It would be really cheap in the hundreds is all so might be worth fixing?

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing depending on what it is. It would be really cheap in the hundreds is all so might be worth fixing?

Can you see if anything works ? See if the heads are clogged etc ( price the parts before buyhing ). You might be buying a parts machine as some things are not worth fixing . Many times what is needed on 1 machine is what is needed on most others , so the ( edit ; other ) parts are not much in demand . Having somebody with experience look at it with you would be a great idea .

i have to agree with roger. if you know nothing about printing it would be best to contact me or one of the other people on the forum and have your printing done, untill you know enough about that side of the business to purchase a printer. i took about 6 months to educate myself about the printers before i bought one.

if you need any help please let me know, i will do my best to help you out!

thanks

Jason

i have to agree with roger. if you know nothing about printing it would be best to contact me or one of the other people on the forum and have your printing done, untill you know enough about that side of the business to purchase a printer. i took about 6 months to educate myself about the printers before i bought one.

if you need any help please let me know, i will do my best to help you out!

thanks

Jason

Thanks again Rodger and jfought. I wish I could go and look at it or have someone else. My brother n law found it out on the west coast and I am in the mid west. I know it was running good 3 years ago but not much since then. I will have to start reading up o the printing side of the business. I was thinking if I could get it for a few hundred it might be worth a try, but like you said if I have to put a lot of money into it then it might not be worth it.

Thanks for the help!

:thumbsup: jfought & I are happy to help :D