Neuromax

Wireless print server for WF1100??

I want to make everything wireless that I can. Does anyone know of a wireless printserver that will work for the Epson WF1100?

I thought so too but if you look around they have "compatibility lists" and the WF1100 isn't on any that I have found. I figure if there is a list of what they will work with that means they wont work with some???

print server heheheeh You guy's want to give me that money instead of wasting it on those print servers? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Email me And save your money for something you need lol

Well do we really need anything? Not really. But it would be nice, for me- since I have 2 machines I work from, and mainly use my laptop. Hate having to use one of my 2 USB ports for my printer and don't like Hubs. :(

you don't even need all that crap guy's, email me

Wireless should only be used when there is no other option, it's slower than wired and less reliable, also prone to outside interference.

Windows has built in networking in which you can share printers, disk drives etc.

(Print from your laptop to your desktop that has a printer attached).

You just simply have to share the printer and map to it.

Well, for me, I have a VERY less than Ideal situation.

My desktop is in another room, it is technically a Media Server and in a special case that looks like a high end a/v receiver and is connected to my tv.... It has it's own ethernet (Cat 6) connection to a DLink DGS-3100-48 gigabit switch. My laptop has both a wireless N adapter that can connect to my Wifi AP or I can plug the ethernet cable in on my desk for large file transfer and streaming media when necessary. My desk where my printer is, and my plotter sits near is in another room too far from the media server to be connected via USB- unless of course I run around fishing wires again and run myself a cable to use a USB over cat5e/6 adapter to "network share" my printer over the craptacular windows setup. Other option, I could do the same with my wifi AP and use my printer on the NAS connection point, but this is an @$$ache to deal with, and also not sure I like this option either.

So the only other options I am left with is to constantly plug and unplug my usb cable to the laptop from the printer stand (leaving the usb cord across the floor so it can be tripped on etc and possibly damaging one or both pieces of equipment, and also causing additional wear and tear on the usb connection on my laptop. Other option is a wireless or wired print server....

My day job I am an A/V tech and work on IP based video and tele-conferencing systems, as well as running all kinds of cabling for projectors/TVs and connecting everything you could imagine to them- We even make our own custom length cables, when needed (even VGA up to a couple hundred feet).... So the needed technical ability to set any of my options up isnt the issue, its more of a functionality decision as well as what is going to cause the least amount of wear and tear on my equipment.

Thank you BAY, Mr. Helpy Helperton!!! heheheh

I'm here to help so ya welcome - i think, though not sure that was meant sincerly! dry.gif

BUT was told on multiple occasions that we are all here to help each other and since I dont wanna get yelled at for not helpin a brotha out, i donated a peice of my 35 years of experience - free of charge too! ;)

That is until I hack USC-4um and get everyones name and address, then let the mailings begin! :D

Oh yeah, it was meant good, one of these guy's is a NC boy, so I gots to help him out heeheheh

LOL, I don't think there is enough help out there for me!

I understand how the networking the printer works, thats actually the way its set up now. What I am trying to accomplish is getting rid of the desktop that the printer is currently hooked up to and use just the 4 laptops we have around here. My issue with that is none of the laptops stay in one position in order to be hooked up directly to the printer. If there is an option to hook up the printer to my router that would be great bu the WF1100 has USB only.

Ash, I tried calling you back and it just rang. It looks like you tried me back again but I was actually watching Hangover 2 (not as good as the first but still great)

Do a search for wireless usb print server, tons out there for 50-60