Sign in to follow this  
youdude

have heat press finally, BUT.....

hey guys

I finally got me a heat press  16x24 HIX  ($100 by the way)

got me some thermoflex plus

but I don't have my teflon paper yet....it should be here tomorrow

MAN am I impatient I need to do a shirt now

WHAT can I use temporarily in place of the teflon paper to test one shirt?:lol:??

HELP ME PLEASE....i know there has to be something

Guest fivestar

Nothing or if you must use the backing paper from a piece of vinyl.  The mylar backing will protect the vinyl though, so you don't have to use anything.  Just after you press it, wipe it down with a towel pressing firmly then pull the mylar backing off.  That will help with not having to repress after the backing is removed.

I press mine with mylar backing on, peel the backing off, then use teflon sheet and repress for 8-10 seconds, just to be sure everything is stuck, but the second press isn't necessary.

Guest fivestar

Really depends on the graphic you're cutting for the speed but force I use about 30-40 grams more then I do for sign vinyl.  One other tip......CUT IT IN MIRROR OR FLIPPED.

BTW, you stole that press at the price....  :well done:

PS. you can cut alot better detail with heat press vinyl then you can with sign vinyl, the vinyl won't peel us on very fine detail work like it does with sign vinyl.

thanks FIVE for your help....and yes i did steal it from a friend of my sister.....only thing i don't like is it's the kind I had to hook up to my air compressor

I wouldn't recommend wax paper.. the wax will melt and get into the garment material.  I generally use a heat-transfer sheet (that we use for making screen-printed transfers). 

G'Luck

Rex S.