txpatrol

How to make an offset or outline of text in Corel?

I'm trying to recreate something similar to the "POLARIS" logo along the bottom of this ski for one of my projects. It has about a 1/4" black outline around it. I already have a font that matches, but I can't seem to find a good way to outline the letters.

Basically, all around the outside and inside of the letters I need to make a black border so I can cut the different layers....I also want to try to make a think offset outline that is completely separate from the solid letter...so it would be the letter, a think blank space and then another think outline of the letter.

Basically, I need to be able to offset the boarder line of the letter by a few pixels.

109d1176817774-2002-polaris-virage-i-80-hrs-polaris2-medium-.jpg

Look up contour in the Corel index. if I understood you correctly you desire to also create a gap between the outline (contour) and original text. To do that, one way would be to create multipe(2) contours and then trim the outer contour with the inner contour.

Look up contour in the Corel index. if I understood you correctly you desire to also create a gap between the outline (contour) and original text. To do that, one way would be to create multipe(2) contours and then trim the outer contour with the inner contour.

Now that's getting much closer than I was before. Now I'm getting a contour line on either side of the existing line...but I can't seem to convert them to objects that aren't tied to the original letter/line.

How do I break the new contours away so they aren't tied to the original object?

One way is to right click on the now contoured text and select "Break contour group apart". Make a note; in spite of the contours being curves, the original artistic text will remain as such until you convert it manually.

One way is to right click on the now contoured text and select "Break contour group apart". Make a note; in spite of the contours being curves, the original artistic text will remain as such until you convert it manually.

Yep! That worked! It's a little bulky but it'll do the job. I wish there was a way to offset the line only to one side. What it's doing now is setting a contour on both sides of the line I select....so I have to break the contour and then break the curve of the two contour lines to separate them and then I can delete the inside one that I don't need.

You've lost me on that one as I'm now not able to understand whether you are attempting to shadow the text on one side or contour the outline of the text?

You can also play with several broken off contours and combining them into a new object. I do that a lot with model airplane covering where I want to add 5mm overlaps of the material but not have the border completely under the center object. The white border for example in the picture.

I am also not sure what your last statements referred to but if you only want to create a border around the outside of the letters and not the inside try effects create boundry first and then apply a contour.

post-17414-0-81787900-1306972270_thumb.j

Contour will really do, if you are only need the outline to be cut, it will actually no difference. Maybe do not use "Break contour group apart". Cut the same image with the same outline on different color. ehmsodef.jpg