Resilient

Cutting issues (not cutting all the way through)

I have a Laserpoint 24" and I am using it to cut Oracal 631. 90% of the cutting is working fine but, particularly on cuts after corners its not cutting all the way through the vinyl, so I go to weed it and the vinyl is still attached, sometimes for a few inches so I have to go over it with a knife to cut all the way through, otherwise the vinyl rips.

I don't think it is offset, because it 'looks' attached, but the cut just isn't all the way through the vinyl. I have fiddled a good bit with the pressure and depth and this is about as good as it seems to get.

Would getting on of the Cleancut blades help me here? If this is a very new Lasercut, do I need to get a different blade holder to accommodate the Cleancut blades?

I have a Laserpoint 24" and I am using it to cut Oracal 631. 90% of the cutting is working fine but, particularly on cuts after corners its not cutting all the way through the vinyl, so I go to weed it and the vinyl is still attached, sometimes for a few inches so I have to go over it with a knife to cut all the way through, otherwise the vinyl rips.

I don't think it is offset, because it 'looks' attached, but the cut just isn't all the way through the vinyl. I have fiddled a good bit with the pressure and depth and this is about as good as it seems to get.

Would getting on of the Cleancut blades help me here? If this is a very new Lasercut, do I need to get a different blade holder to accommodate the Cleancut blades?

I really think slightly adjusting your offset will make the difference here. If using flexi pro adjust the overcut also to fix this

Thats why I come here first, i adjusted the offset and it seems to be working better now.

What does the offset do? I think my understanding of its purpose is wrong.

Thats why I come here first, i adjusted the offset and it seems to be working better now.

What does the offset do? I think my understanding of its purpose is wrong.

with a drag knife cutter the point will always be behind the center off the knife so the offset adjust how much the cutter will compensate when doing the curves