I have this Graphtec FC2100-60a cutter I'm getting an error message that Graphtec says is a problem with the Y-home sensor. Graphtec no longer has parts for this cutter and I've looked everywhere and I can't find parts or a service manual. I'm really hoping someone here is familiar with this cutter and can help me fix this problem. I need this cutter to start working so I can cut paint mask for many of my jobs as I'm an airbrush artist. Any help is much appreciated.

I have this Graphtec FC2100-60a cutter I'm getting an error message that Graphtec says is a problem with the Y-home sensor. Graphtec no longer has parts for this cutter and I've looked everywhere and I can't find parts or a service manual. I'm really hoping someone here is familiar with this cutter and can help me fix this problem. I need this cutter to start working so I can cut paint mask for many of my jobs as I'm an airbrush artist. Any help is much appreciated.

Watch Ebay or craigslist for a used or donor machine. What does the part look like?

Sorry to say if you can't find a spare like Dakota said your on the search for a new cutter..Time for an upgrade...Good luck..

Ash, I already contacted that guy regarding this cutter and he wants $1200 for an old cutter that needs pinch rollers. I think that's way too much money for that cutter.

1200 wwwwwwhahahaah forget him man, get you an LP, that will get you going with little money, or the pcut

I think the best advice here is for me to buy a new cutter. I will mainly be using the cutter to cut paint mask for airbrushing. I do some intricate designs such as team logos on goalie helmets and I need a cutter that can cut some small intricate designs. A 24" cutter is the largest cutter I would need. Also, I won't be using the cutter for hours a day. More like a couple of hours a week. If anyone can recommend a cutter that will fill these requirements and not break the bank, that will be much appreciated. I am new to vinyl cutters and never used one before, so something with a short learning curve is also helpful.

I think the best advice here is for me to buy a new cutter. I will mainly be using the cutter to cut paint mask for airbrushing. I do some intricate designs such as team logos on goalie helmets and I need a cutter that can cut some small intricate designs. A 24" cutter is the largest cutter I would need. Also, I won't be using the cutter for hours a day. More like a couple of hours a week. If anyone can recommend a cutter that will fill these requirements and not break the bank, that will be much appreciated. I am new to vinyl cutters and never used one before, so something with a short learning curve is also helpful.

I use the LP24, I use it for everything and does a great job on all

• Like 1

after having the graphtec fc series you will not be happy with anything less. watch craigslist for a used one. I had a fc4100 and it was an incredible cutter for small intricate stuff

there is one on Craigslist in Racine Wisconsin $450.00 It's hard to help when you don't list where you are located.

We bought a used FC2100-60A to use as a backup for our ioline. Machine seems to work when turned on, but the 3 1/2 in floppy will only load to 92%. If anyone has a copy of program we would be greatful. If we can not find software, we would consider selling this machine. e-mail is JDSPORTS_LLC@YAHOO.COM Thanks for your time.

Graphtec site has the driver for 64 bit windows only, and Signblazer ALL cutter version has it listed. Download in Signblazer thread.

Hi,

This is my first attempt at getting into vinyl cutting...

I have been given a Graphtec fc2100-60a which was just sitting around. After sourcing cables, new pinch rollers etc I have found that it runs, performs test cuts fine, however I cant get it talking to the computer.

I have downloaded the drivers from the graphtec website and am trying to run these through an old PC with windows XP (32bit) - i think this is the problem as XP isnt listed in the  operating systems on the graphtec site for this driver?

i have been using signblazer elements and also tried it with signcut and now i believe it is the drivers.

has anyone heard of these drivers working on XP or do i need to source and old laptop/pc with WIN98 etc?

i have tried connecting this through both the serial port and USB to the computer and have checked all the settings match after reading many of the postings/forums.

any help is very much appreciated as i dont want to have to scrap this cutter just because i cant get it working as everyone seems to say they are decent if they are still working.

thanks in advance.

If you are using a cutting software like  Signblazer or Signcut,  do you have the command set on HP-GL, ?  You must.  Reading the user manual just a bit, it looks like those cutters used dip switches to switch between GP-GL and HP-GL.

when the cutter starts up it says 'HL' on the screen while its loading/buffering etc. other then it saying that i have no idea how to check if its HP-GL or GP-GL. i have been able to find a FC2100-50 manual where it talks about the dip switches however on the model i have i havnt found the panel where these can be changed (granted i havnt pulled off every panel that i can but there is nothing obvious) so i may need to look further into that.

ok so i pulled the covers off and found the dip settings (one board of 8 switches). all switches were in the 'up'position. from reading another forum about an fc2200 machine i think that if it says 'HL' on start up it is in HP-GL mode.

so i guess my question now is...are there programs that you guys no of that have a trial or are free that dont use windows drivers so i can check if it works?

ok awesome - next questions then is besides matching the com port settings to the settings in signblazer is there anything else to look out for. sorry for asking so many questions but i have tried so many different combinations in signblazer to try and get it working already that i must be missing something...

i have tried selecting the fc2100-60a from the 'load' button in the settings as well as other from the normal list - could this be the issue?

does having a driver for the cutter loaded onto the pc have any affect on the signblazer drivers operating?

update: i have found a manual on line for an fc2200 series which is similar controls so i can now navigate around the cutter.

its set on HP-GL, 9600, 8 bit etc etc.

still cant get it working in signblazer.

i tried connecting it now to my laptop (win7 64bit) as i was only using the old system (xp 32bit) as the graphtec drivers would only load on a 32bit system.

when connected to the laptop via USB signblazer goes to cut (the closest its come yet on the laptop) and freezes when its says 'sorting' at the bottom of the screen in signblazer. it only gets this far when i change the settings from 'hardware' to 'x on x off'. in hardware it wont initialize at all.

im hoping i have given enough information - thanks again for the help so far as i am in a better spot than i was before i posted on here!!

hi

There is penboard on the pen carriage. A black colour U shape sensor is mounted on that. That may be faulty.

Also try by replacing Y Flexible cable.