Sign in to follow this  
bearwen

Vinyl for Banners

Ok what is the best vinyl to use on banners outside use? Cast 9yr, 8yr,7yr? or 6yr calendered cheapy 4 yr calendered I know that where and how long outdoors (Florida so lots of sun, wind and rain) plays a part in the selection just wondering what most are using for a standard unless asked for a banner that will last 10yrs. Remember for OUTDOOR use.

Thanks.

I've seen 3 year calendared hold up in some very extreme weather. I myself have banners that I purchased 12 years ago(before I got into the biz) that look as good as ever.The vinyl used looks like 6 year calendar.

Personally,I use 3 and 6 year cal...and haven't had a single complaint in 2 years with over 500 banners made.

Bear,

I also live in FL and I have used FDC 5 yr. calendered for outdoor applications. It has great durability. I have used it on banners and custom signs.

Bear,

I also live in FL and I have used FDC 5 yr. calendered for outdoor applications. It has great durability. I have used it on banners and custom signs.

I guess 90% of what I use is FDC as well and I love it. FDC is not appreciated as it should be.

Guest fivestar

John FDC is good, but I think Oracal's white is ALOT better the FDC's.  Calendared that is.