steve worcester

Illustrator CS4 PDF import font missing error

I had some PDFs sent to me to vectorize but when I open them it gives me a font missing error and some odd cryptic font as it's replacement. I tried a place instead of open, but the results were less than successful

Do you just find the font and add it, or what do I do?

Sound like who ever made the pdf did not embed and/or convert the fonts properly.....Best to ask them to save the file the right way.....Also, was it actually an AI file?....If it was from another program, you can sometimes get unpredictable results.....

Ask who ever sent you the file to convert the fonts to outlines.

Big mistake happens all the time.

mark-s

Ask who ever sent you the file to convert the fonts to outlines.

Big mistake happens all the time.

mark-s

Can you do that in the PDF maker? I open the PDF in Acrobat 9 standard and don't see those options

Post the PDF

mark-s

I can't post it for copyright reasons. So far, from another post, got one of them in and was able to merge the clipping paths so it is good. The other, an image with text, the image is too low res and comes out real blocky. The third has some issues I can fix in deleting anchor points and moving others around.

Thanks for the help

What program was the original artwork made in?....Any conversion of fonts is done in that program when saving as a pdf.....So who ever made the art has to embed and/or convert the fonts.....