Streamline

Looking at buying the MH US Cutter 34" plotter for a big job.

Hi all

I have been using my 14" US Cutter since I started doing small vinyl and banner jobs. I have a sign job that I can get that requires my letters to be about 3ft tall and probably 2 to 2.5 wide. Im going to need to cut 20 letters.

Im thinking that this job will pay for the 36" plotter that I have been wanting to get from US Cutter for a while.

My question is will the 36" wide plotter stay on track to cut a letter that would be 36" tall? I have read where the less expensive plotters are not good to use if you are going to cut over 1 or 2ft?

Thanks

Bobby

Hi all

I have been using my 14" US Cutter since I started doing small vinyl and banner jobs. I have a sign job that I can get that requires my letters to be about 3ft tall and probably 2 to 2.5 wide. Im going to need to cut 20 letters.

Im thinking that this job will pay for the 36" plotter that I have been wanting to get from US Cutter for a while.

My question is will the 36" wide plotter stay on track to cut a letter that would be 36" tall? I have read where the less expensive plotters are not good to use if you are going to cut over 1 or 2ft?

Thanks

Bobby

I just did a 3x30 foot banner with letters 30" tall. I was patient and lined the vinyl up til I got the tracking pretty straight and had no problems. One letter at a time, you shouldn't have a problem as long as the tracking isn't off too much.

Hi all

Thanks

Bobby

no need for a cutter that big...unless u just want one. i cut letters 36" high all day long on my 24" cutter. where are you gonna buy the vinyl in a size to fit the 36" cutter.....its overkill in my opinion.

yup you maily have a choice of vinyl rolls in 15", 24",30" or 48" good luck on the 36" vinyl

If you really want a 36" cutter, you have options for 36" vinyl....FDC Films FDC offers 36" wide vinyl in some of their products although it is not stock at very many re-sellers.....Another option is to buy 48", 54" or 60" rolls and get them split down...

The only draw backs on buying a wider cutter is the space it takes up & the extra cost . ( $20 on the Mh , $100 on the p-cut & $250 on the copam )If that doesn't matter , I would buy the wider cutter just in case it is ever needed to make things easier . Cutting the width of the letter/decal allows the letter/decal to be as tall as you want with a 24" cutter as an example . I like the idea of a wider cutter , but the size & extra $250 on the copam I bought made me decide on a 24" . I have not done anything that I needed to tile . If you know you have large stuff to make , i would get the biggest ... either that or get a resource so you can get those jobs made for you . I also think from reading , that the p-cut is well worth the money difference .

I went with a 36" Pcut after reading years of posts in this forum and don't regret it a bit. What a great cutter, once you get the blade height and offset set up correctly :D

Then, I found out that there is basically no 36" vinyl available :-\ Why not? There's a whole lot of 36" cutters out there! At least it gives you the option of using the commonly available 30" vinyl though.

I went with a 36" Pcut after reading years of posts in this forum and don't regret it a bit. What a great cutter, once you get the blade height and offset set up correctly :D

Then, I found out that there is basically no 36" vinyl available :-\ Why not? There's a whole lot of 36" cutters out there! At least it gives you the option of using the commonly available 30" vinyl though.

just curious, on the 36" Pcut, what are the specs for cutting width on it?? Will it really cut 36" Wide? I think alot of these sellers may advertise them to be larger than what they can actually cut..To make them just sound bigger, My Graphtec is a 30" with approx MAX 29.7" cutting width, but the cutting area is 43".Wide Total width of machine 49.5" I also have a Seiki which is advertised as a 36" Vinyl cutter, but on the Seiki site specs the maximum cutting width is really 30.7" So, do those 36" machines really cut 36" wide? I'm just curious, I don't have one to check..

The Pcut 36" is 36" wide. It's really a CT900, for 900mm. But by design with the offset head, the actual cutting width is. I can't remember at the moment and I'm just brain dead after a long work day. So it doesn't cut 36" but it does come close.

Just remembered I had the manual on the HD. It states:

Maximum Cutting Width: 35.63 inches (905mm) - 36 inch model