5AGraphix

US Cutter, I don't get the hooplah...

Perhaps it is because I am new to this industry and may not be accustommed to perfection that this industry demands. But being in the computers and photography industry, I have learned not to expect perfection all the time. So it is somewhat puzzling to me that so many people are complaining about their US Cutter products, and the service. One thing I quickly learned in this business, which is true to most businesses; you get what you paid for. Getting a cutter sub $500 and expecting it to perform and be perfect like ones over $1000 seems a bit reaching and a little on the "premadonna" end.

Understanding I paid $400 for my cutter, I did not expect the best, and somewhat got myself ready for some speed bumps ahead. But though the cutter may not be the best, it surely does the job and my limited experience with USC and their services has been nothing short of great customer service. There were a couple of problems when I received the cutter. USC did not ship or email the activation code for SCP, which was quickly resolved with a phone call the next business day.

My second problem I just discovered, after receiving my cleancut blades from Ross, (he is an amazing person, nice to just shoot the crap with) we determined that albeit USC sent me the right, Roland holder, the cap of the holder was too small, as I am unable to insert the blade without removing the cap, which explains why only after a few days of using the plotter, the blade needed to be swapped. I called USC support a few minutes ago, spoke with Tom and he is sending out my replacement holder tonight, which should arrive later this week.

Sure, my experience with my Laserpoint 24" has not been perfect by any stretch of the word. However, USC has been there without hassle to make things right. So I don't get the hooplah and moans about this company?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

agreed completely

nobody is perfect, expecting perfection is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

The percentage of complaints is actually very low compared to the amount of sales. As 5A said, you get what you pay for and some people,even though they know this,feel compelled to vent their anger in a very public way...when they actually DO get what they paid for. I started and ran for 3 years a business with a cheap Chinese cutter...before I finally got a better one.I learned the software,learned from my mistakes, and was patient. I probably paid for that cutter 100 times over with very little waste. And this was before there were forums...or anybody willing to help.

People who get on here after a day or two and complain that they can't get it right are just expecting more than they are willing to put out the effort for.In other words..lazy. The smart ones are the ones that get on here and ask for help...without ranting and raving. And that is the sign of maturity.

& intelligence :thumbsup:

& intelligence :thumbsup:

There are very smart people who never grew up,Rodger. A trip to the grocery store and the '10 items or less' line will tell you that.

Thanks, BannerJohn, your absolutely correct. My wife swears I have ADHD, since I do get into a lot of things. But I do know, especially if this venture is to span out to be more of a business rather than a Cricut on Roids hobby, it deserves the attention, education and patience and practice for it to bear fruit. As a student, pursuing my MBA, one of the things I've learned in business and it is applicable in life in general, is to be prepared. As Civil War General Nathan Bedford Forrest has been misquoted in saying, "Be there firstest with the mostests,". Being prepared with one's business is crucial to success. So instead of getting frustrated and angry, find the solutions and set realistic expectations.

The percentage of complaints is actually very low compared to the amount of sales. As 5A said, you get what you pay for and some people,even though they know this,feel compelled to vent their anger in a very public way...when they actually DO get what they paid for. I started and ran for 3 years a business with a cheap Chinese cutter...before I finally got a better one.I learned the software,learned from my mistakes, and was patient. I probably paid for that cutter 100 times over with very little waste. And this was before there were forums...or anybody willing to help.

People who get on here after a day or two and complain that they can't get it right are just expecting more than they are willing to put out the effort for.In other words..lazy. The smart ones are the ones that get on here and ask for help...without ranting and raving. And that is the sign of maturity.

There are very smart people who never grew up,Rodger. A trip to the grocery store and the '10 items or less' line will tell you that.

I understand & agree . Being intelligent & having a sign of it is much different sometimes as proved by many posts which we speak of :)

Many of us don't get the complaints here. But people do like to vent and have very unrealistic expectations or little patience or both. On the other side, I am amazed that the complaints and venting are even allowed here. Back when I paid a small fortune for a computerized wood carver that should never have been marketed, there was no complaining allowed on their forum Anything close was immediately deleted.... After falling for that one, I had little expectations for my Pcut. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! great machine that works better than advertised. I still can't speak for USC customer service because I haven't needed it yet. But their sales team was great.

Many of us don't get the complaints here. But people do like to vent and have very unrealistic expectations or little patience or both. On the other side, I am amazed that the complaints and venting are even allowed here. Back when I paid a small fortune for a computerized wood carver that should never have been marketed, there was no complaining allowed on their forum Anything close was immediately deleted.... After falling for that one, I had little expectations for my Pcut. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! great machine that works better than advertised. I still can't speak for USC customer service because I haven't needed it yet. But their sales team was great.

I find it admirable of USC to allow people to complain about their products, because that shows they have nothing to hide. I find it a bit odd if a company can't allow the bad as well as the good to be viewed or talked about(can we say Hitler or Stalin or Mao and the like :D). There is nothing perfect in this world and those companies that make their stuff look like they are perfect I tend to stay away from. If I can't find bad things said about a company I am looking into doing business with I will run far away from them. That is how I measure a good company is if they let the negative and positive be known and how they take care of the issues at hand. Yes I can say I have had my learning curve with my cutter I bought from this company...(through Amazon since the girl I know from Australia sent me a gift card to get it for my birthday)...But I am learning it slowly and trying to get paying jobs to help offset my low income till I can make it in this business full time. Thanks for this forum and all those that contribute to the questions and issues that come up and all the great stuff this forum has to offer those willing to take the time to make this thing work like I am!!!

Keep up the good work USC and everyone on this forum!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I bought my cutter for 220 off eBay. It has many weak spots but I knew what I was getting into. It's advertised as a 34" cutter but has trouble handling a 24" roll of vinyl. it usually wrinkles it up from the rollers being too far apart. It isn't recognized as a printer. It gets confused if the piece is overly complex. I have to hit reset and origin before cutting or it will start cutting at some rAndom spot in the vinyl.

I'm convinced a 1000 cutter would work smoother. But I already have a system that is working with little wasre

:thumbsup: Every trip to a WalMart tells me that

Well , that is interesting & brings up a few possible perspectives that may not be considered . Somebody with 11+ items in the 10 item or less line may have a authority issue .. &/OR they may be smart/grown up enough to realize they will save time by being inconsiderate of the request of 10 items or less . So it may be just a lack of consideration .. or it may be that they ( probably most people ) are in a rush & bend the rules every once in awhile :) . I am proud to say i have never grown up , even though I am growing old :D . I will take a few more than the 10 item limit thru that line if it is empty & the other lines are busy .

I still have not found out what the bear icon means :huh::bear:

I still have not found out what the bear icon means :huh::bear:

NOw Roger it's a grown up thing! You just would not understand..LOL ;D

NOw Roger it's a grown up thing! You just would not understand..LOL ;D

:D That explains that !!! & also explains why FouASH thought it was a dog :D

If you have to grow up to understand something, you're just much better off making something up and smiling :P

:thumbsup:

If you have to grow up to understand something, you're just much better off making something up and smiling :P

I agree totally!!! :thumbsup: