freezermink

Flexi Starter download for purchase?

does anyone know of an online retailer of the flexistarter 8.6 (or similar) software that i can use to purchase and download online? i don't mind ordering and waiting a few days, but if its all the same i'd love to have it in a few minutes instead. Thanks!

Here's one

oooops

Oh well, thought it was a trial version, go get a trial off their website while you wait on your order

hmm... that doesn't quite look legitimate. i'm all for saving money on software, but for this kind of stuff i'd like to see that someone actually gets paid for it! :D i know, its rare. i was expecting to find it for purchase/download on a manufacturers website or something, but i don't see a thing. its strange how some companies make it really tough for people to purchase their stuff. heh.

legal Flexi products come with a USB password dongle and license for your protection. That is why it cannot be legally downloaded.

oh oh oh. i see. i'm a bit slow. apparently there is a software dongle involved.

its pretty tough to download hardware. :P

disregard. i'll order it up.

hmm... that doesn't quite look legitimate. i'm all for saving money on software, but for this kind of stuff i'd like to see that someone actually gets paid for it! :D i know, its rare. i was expecting to find it for purchase/download on a manufacturers website or something, but i don't see a thing. its strange how some companies make it really tough for people to purchase their stuff. heh.

http://www.saintl.biz/loginform.asp?resource=/downloadmanager.asp

Login with username and password, i think you can get a trial from there?:huh:

Skeeter, I'm VERY aware of cracks and legal of it all. I thought that was a trial version since it came off of a vinyl forum site.

My bad, go get the trial at the above link, I signed into my account and you can download the demo version, gezzzzzz how big of a deal is it?

Sorry Freezermink for the troubles!

Hope this helps

it does quite a bit, many thanks Ash!

i'll give'r a try and see what i think while i get an order placed. :thumbsup:

it does quite a bit, many thanks Ash!

i'll give'r a try and see what i think while i get an order placed. :thumbsup:

NP , I'm half asleep and saw that on a forums website in a google search, thought it was legit, but anyhow, they have flexi 10 for demo download when you login, you do not need a dongle for the demo.

Have a great one!!!! :thumbsup:

that site looks like one of those file sharing sites like Napster, before they got sued. Everything illegal. Movies, music, games,software, tv shows. etc

the megaupload site is really just a big file sharing site. its not necessarily an illegal software site, though thats really what its used for most often.

there are a BUNCH of demos on Youtube on how to use Flexi:

the megaupload site is really just a big file sharing site. its not necessarily an illegal software site, though thats really what its used for most often.

true, but when your sharing music, games, software, that is copyrighted, it is illegal. And you can pay a hefty fees for that. This lady sure found out the hard way. And many others did also. This was her first case. She appealed, it had another court case and that jury charged even higher costs.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/04/national/main3330186.shtml

here is a college student that owes 675k for downloading 30 songs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32236444/ns/technology_and_science-security

thanks john! i'm actually messing with it a bit (in the demo) right now. it won't allow me to print AND cut in demo-mode, which is really what i was looking at trying out. though i've been reading up and watching a few of the tutorials on how to print and cut from two different sources, and it doesn't really look ANY different from what i've been doing now. (using the wf1100 and the MH721). i'm manually adding registration marks and manually aligning for the contour cutting when necessary and it seems to be doing a great job. i'm sure it would be easier with a contour cutting plotter, but with the plotter i have now, it doesn't seem like flexi is going to be that much of a time saver... sure its easier to add the registration, but i'm editing everything quickly enough in illustrator anyway, so i might just skip this one. I'm glad i checked out the demo first!

thanks john! i'm actually messing with it a bit (in the demo) right now. it won't allow me to print AND cut in demo-mode, which is really what i was looking at trying out. though i've been reading up and watching a few of the tutorials on how to print and cut from two different sources, and it doesn't really look ANY different from what i've been doing now. (using the wf1100 and the MH721). i'm manually adding registration marks and manually aligning for the contour cutting when necessary and it seems to be doing a great job. i'm sure it would be easier with a contour cutting plotter, but with the plotter i have now, it doesn't seem like flexi is going to be that much of a time saver... sure its easier to add the registration, but i'm editing everything quickly enough in illustrator anyway, so i might just skip this one. I'm glad i checked out the demo first!

I have a brand new legal version of 8.6 that I just got with a new cutter that is for sale. let me know if you are interested.

true, but when your sharing music, games, software, that is copyrighted, it is illegal. And you can pay a hefty fees for that. This lady sure found out the hard way. And many others did also. This was her first case. She appealed, it had another court case and that jury charged even higher costs.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/04/national/main3330186.shtml

here is a college student that owes 675k for downloading 30 songs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32236444/ns/technology_and_science-security

oh i'm with you 100%. as a recording engineer, i have much less pity than most for those that pirate software, especially on the music side. My point in this case, though, was that its not really the fault of the site. I'm sure megaupload doesn't do much in the way of regulating, but it is the user(s) that provide the illegal software. The website has little to do with the content, they're just the vessle for the piracy.

also, thanks for the offers for the software... after using it a bit more last night and this morning, i'm realizing that it doesn't really do anything for me that i wasn't doing before. Thats what demos are for, right? ha. i'll keep it in mind if i happen to need it though. thanks again!