Rodger

Members in the south flooding areas ?

I know Baytootle & Stetson are in that area . How are you guys making out :huh: ( well , i know you guys are not actually making out :) ) . Any other members in the impacted area ? For what it is worth , I hope things are going good for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Roger..I have been under water for over 3 weeks now..I have been fishing off the front porch for my dinner...

My insurance adjuster says somewhere around 40k as it stands before the water goes down to see the rest of the damage under the house...

The pic shows my view standing on my front porch..This was from a few days ago, Weird when there is supposed to be a road and open field in between me and my pond in the distance..NOT a pond in my front yard...LOL..Least it's starting to receed...We have been running 2 irrigation pumps that claim 200,000 gallons an hour?? 24-7 for days...But it's really not helped a whole lot..

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers if you said them..AT LEAST my equipments up on high ground..LOL..

post-10422-0-01689300-1304773782_thumb.j

Thank you..I am fortunate from those that totally lost everything..i can still sleep in my own bed just don't have any heat or AC..Lost that to the flood..All the duct works under water anyways..so i guess it doesn't matter right now..LOL..Hey least i can say I have slept with the fishys..LMAO..ether laugh or cry about it..I choose to laugh..Could be lots worse than it is...

It's a good way to look at it... Since my heart attack and surgery , If I wake up and see the ceiling Its a good day If I can put my feet on the floor its even a better day lol

Hi Roger..I have been under water for over 3 weeks now..I have been fishing off the front porch for my dinner...

My insurance adjuster says somewhere around 40k as it stands before the water goes down to see the rest of the damage under the house...

The pic shows my view standing on my front porch..This was from a few days ago, Weird when there is supposed to be a road and open field in between me and my pond in the distance..NOT a pond in my front yard...LOL..Least it's starting to receed...We have been running 2 irrigation pumps that claim 200,000 gallons an hour?? 24-7 for days...But it's really not helped a whole lot..

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers if you said them..AT LEAST my equipments up on high ground..LOL..

The only good thing I can say is..it's pretty to look at. Is the post office living up to their motto? You know,the one about 'neither rain nor snow..etc?'

ABSOLUTLEy NOT!!! they are saying they can't deliver due to inclament weather..LOL..I got a truck and go by my mail box thats just 18"s of water at the moment and there's STILL is no mail in it and has not been for 3 weeks..ANOTHER part of their motto should be is we deliver thru snow, sleet, or rain BUT HELL NO not when the fish are swimming just under the mail box..LMAO!!

sorry to hear it stetson but you did take a beautiful picture from the porch. I guess you can now call the air conditioner a swamp coolerrolleyes.gif

sorry to hear it stetson but you did take a beautiful picture from the porch. I guess you can now call the air conditioner a swamp coolerrolleyes.gif

LOL...I forgot ta mention it's a stinky cooler..You can't see the log bass floatin around the yard..Mine and all my neighbors septic systems are under water too..Do you know what happens when your septics not full when there is 2 feet of water over it?..HMMMMMM..LMAO..Well you can't go to the bathroom in the house lets just put it that way...And there's about 90 homes in my area thats under water along with their septic systems..Where does it all go when you let it loose..LMAO :lol: ..

I do agree it's a pretty picture..BUT when it has been there for 3 weeks now IT REALLLY REALLLLY SUCKS!!!!

I am glad it isn't any worse & I am glad you choose to laugh.. that is what I do also . Don't worry about the septic system flooding ( It does make drinking the well water unwise , but even if no septic systems that would be the same :) ). My farm is in cow country . I was talking to the Main health department official when starting out years ago . He told me what their standards were & I told him I was a septic system installer in Md . After he told me about the importance of keeping the stuff in the ground etc . I told him I was constantly looking for the right perspective in life . He asked me what I meant . I told him to look across the road where my property goes up for about 1000' & tell me what he sees . He looks over & says he does not see anything . I ask him does he see those black things . he says " you mean the cows ? " . I said yes & asked him how many he thought was there . He guessed 30 some . I asked him if he knew any 10 people ( he did not know Baytootle :) ) that could poop & piss as much as 1 cow . He said no . I said .. so there are 30 some cows over there that can poop & piss more than 300 people & all the crap & piss just goes on top of the ground . He shrugs & says yes . I then ask him what does he see at the bottom of the hill . He says nothing & I ask him if he sees the stream . He says yes . I said that is why I have a hard time understanding some standards , there has to be 1,000 cows within 1 mile & he was worring about what 2 people would be putting out . The amount of poop & pee coming from wildlife , even if not in cow country is immense .

Hang in there :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It's nice to know that some people can keep a good outlook through something like that. Sorry to hear about your problems Stetson but you've got my admiration for your outlook. I hope things get better and soon! Do you own a boat? :P

Roger, love the cow story ;D

I am glad it isn't any worse & I am glad you choose to laugh.. that is what I do also . Don't worry about the septic system flooding ( It does make drinking the well water unwise , but even if no septic systems that would be the same :) ). My farm is in cow country . I was talking to the Main health department official when starting out years ago . He told me what their standards were & I told him I was a septic system installer in Md . After he told me about the importance of keeping the stuff in the ground etc . I told him I was constantly looking for the right perspective in life . He asked me what I meant . I told him to look across the road where my property goes up for about 1000' & tell me what he sees . He looks over & says he does not see anything . I ask him does he see those black things . he says " you mean the cows ? " . I said yes & asked him how many he thought was there . He guessed 30 some . I asked him if he knew any 10 people ( he did not know Baytootle :) ) that could poop & piss as much as 1 cow . He said no . I said .. so there are 30 some cows over there that can poop & piss more than 300 people & all the crap & piss just goes on top of the ground . He shrugs & says yes . I then ask him what does he see at the bottom of the hill . He says nothing & I ask him if he sees the stream . He says yes . I said that is why I have a hard time understanding some standards , there has to be 1,000 cows within 1 mile & he was worring about what 2 people would be putting out . The amount of poop & pee coming from wildlife , even if not in cow country is immense .

Hang in there :thumbsup:

NOW THAtS a good prespective about how a cow pees and poops makes my 2 foot of water that smells reallllly nice under my house not so much..Hell it's my stuff and the neighbors stuff OH and the fish that just swam bys stuff....NOW THATS funny I don't care who you are... :D:lol::lol:

It's nice to know that some people can keep a good outlook through something like that. Sorry to hear about your problems Stetson but you've got my admiration for your outlook. I hope things get better and soon! Do you own a boat? :P

Roger, love the cow story ;D

Thank you I am trying..After 3 weeks it's finally going down..I started running 2-1500 galon an hour pumps to pump the water out from under the house last night started at 8:30pm and they have not slowed down yet..DANG there is a lot of water under there...Yes I own a boat but the problem is before I realized the water would be deep enough to need it, it had already started the Titanic way to the bottom..Besides it was backed up against a fence and strapped to the trailer..So it didn't go far too stck in the mud!!!...Now I can't move it with my 4 wheeler so I could pump the water out of it too..NO PLUG in the boat...DANG I knew I forgot something..LMAO!!!

Now the Labs that I raise really like playing in the water..what they didn't like was at 12am (he first night the water rose alot) when their platforms and dog houses went under..By the time i got out there they were standing in 14 inches of water... I put them on blocks that were 10"s higher than the water 2 days later at 3am they went under again...Ever seen a fat boy run in deep water with no pants on? OF COURSE you haven't NO fat man runs anywhere..LMAO!!!! :lol:

But I did get them safe after that and they are back on their platforms waiting out the water as I am...Too bad it's not cold I am sure we could be duck hunting in the back yard instead of fishing...Hell had some Canadian Geese land in the yard a few days ago...Lucky geese it aint season or I would be havin grilled goose! ;D oooops did I mention they have not flown anywhere else that I know of since they landed..Must be hiding some where in a freezer or something..LOL...

Any one know where to get a Xmas goose these days?hmmmmmmmmmm :D

NOW THAtS a good prespective about how a cow pees and poops makes my 2 foot of water that smells reallllly nice under my house not so much..Hell it's my stuff and the neighbors stuff OH and the fish that just swam bys stuff....NOW THATS funny I don't care who you are... :D:lol::lol:

Here is another perspective Stet . There is a movie where James Garner is chasing Sally Fields romantically .. while walking thru the field , James Garner steps in a cow pattie & show his displeasure ... Sally Fields tells him " don't worry .. it is only grass & water " :blink:

Thank you I am trying..After 3 weeks it's finally going down..I started running 2-1500 galon an hour pumps to pump the water out from under the house last night started at 8:30pm and they have not slowed down yet..DANG there is a lot of water under there...Yes I own a boat but the problem is before I realized the water would be deep enough to need it, it had already started the Titanic way to the bottom..Besides it was backed up against a fence and strapped to the trailer..So it didn't go far too stck in the mud!!!...Now I can't move it with my 4 wheeler so I could pump the water out of it too..NO PLUG in the boat...DANG I knew I forgot something..LMAO!!!

Now the Labs that I raise really like playing in the water..what they didn't like was at 12am (he first night the water rose alot) when their platforms and dog houses went under..By the time i got out there they were standing in 14 inches of water... I put them on blocks that were 10"s higher than the water 2 days later at 3am they went under again...Ever seen a fat boy run in deep water with no pants on? OF COURSE you haven't NO fat man runs anywhere..LMAO!!!! :lol:

But I did get them safe after that and they are back on their platforms waiting out the water as I am...Too bad it's not cold I am sure we could be duck hunting in the back yard instead of fishing...Hell had some Canadian Geese land in the yard a few days ago...Lucky geese it aint season or I would be havin grilled goose! ;D oooops did I mention they have not flown anywhere else that I know of since they landed..Must be hiding some where in a freezer or something..LOL...

Any one know where to get a Xmas goose these days?hmmmmmmmmmm :D

news here says Memphis hasn't seen the worst yet....I hope you are far enough out that the worst is over for you. We have a member who has been told to evacuate who lives in Memphis. I just hope USC Memphis warehouse is on high ground.

We got hammered pretty hard here in Southern Illinois also. Here are some pictures snapped locally.

400.jpg

447.jpg

2011-05-07_18-15-51_74.jpg

Thankfully the town I live in hasn't flooded, but we are the only town for miles and miles that hasn't been flooded out. Many towns are miles from any sort of dry land. Most towns have to be boated to from other towns.

If I have to see a naked fat man running, I would hope it was in deep water! :o

Too bad about the boat. I really feel sorry for all those being flooded. Maybe if we all shipped down packages full of those 'peanuts', you could use them as floats? :P

Kidding aside, I certainly hope the worst is over and things get better. For the dogs too as we're all animal lovers up here...

Thanks and yes we hope the worst is over too..The water has gone down a lot I have been pumoing water out from under the house now for 3 days and it's just now starting to drain out of the vents...

Watson I'm glad you were out of the water ITS no fun...Looks like those that were in the water was far worse off then I..HOPE they get all the help they need and deserve!!!

My prayers go out to them..

news here says Memphis hasn't seen the worst yet....I hope you are far enough out that the worst is over for you. We have a member who has been told to evacuate who lives in Memphis. I just hope USC Memphis warehouse is on high ground.

Thanks Banner I am on the up hill side of that water I think..Memphis is about 2.5 hrs south of me so we got it before they did..AND yes I hope to the warehouse there is on higher ground as well..

Here is another perspective Stet . There is a movie where James Garner is chasing Sally Fields romantically .. while walking thru the field , James Garner steps in a cow pattie & show his displeasure ... Sally Fields tells him " don't worry .. it is only grass & water " :blink:

Doesnt smell like grass n water NOW does it..LOL...smells like under my house..

Thanks Banner I am on the up hill side of that water I think..Memphis is about 2.5 hrs south of me so we got it before they did..AND yes I hope to the warehouse there is on higher ground as well..

Marcus tells me that the Memphis warehouse is not in the predicted flood area.

Marcus tells me that the Memphis warehouse is not in the predicted flood area.

Fantastic!!!!

Weird ..... Mine does not not stink !!! I must be related to Roxy :)

Weird ..... Mine does not not stink !!! I must be related to Roxy :)

What everrrrrr! :lol:

here doggie doggie :bear: Hey Ash I found your doggie....LMAO!!!

Ash is trying to play it off like he knew it HAHA . You don't make a poll if that was the case ... BUSTED :)