Anyone have a set price for doing Multi color vinyl for a Sprint car and Wings. Various Local Company logos, Numbers etc.

With some designs mixed In. I was thinking around 450 for the whole car. Any Suggestions>?

Thanks

It reallly depends on your material cost- and the time you have into it etc. If you cover your costs and make it worth your time for 450 by all means....

However, also on a sprint car these take a beating and are quick... regular cal/intermediate vinyl can peel if it is rubbed and then has constant shear force crosswise against it. Use a good quality performance vinyl to be sure it is both durable and resists peeling.

You really dont need to use anything like a cast. On our sprint cars we use Oracal 651, and it held up to 20+ races last year and it was pressure washed every week. At the end of the year the vinyl still looked new. Also another thing to think about is you dont want to be too high on price because with a sprint car they might go through a wing or two a year. What you have to consider with a design is not to have too many sharp points because that is where it usually starts to lift.

And Vinylmotivations, Oracal 651 will be just fine for the speeds. Our sprint car turns about 120mph average, and we have used 651 on our ARCA car when we went to daytona, so it will hold up to 170+mph, just all depends on how it was installed.

For the price id be at $400(I am usually on the lower side for pricing), but the install can be a pain in the but with all the rivets on the wings and the compound curve on the tail, So your atleast in the ball bark, and not way too high.

ToddHoddick.com

post-5250-0-85197900-1304731065_thumb.jp

post-5250-0-88656600-1304731187_thumb.jp

You really dont need to use anything like a cast. On our sprint cars we use Oracal 651, and it held up to 20+ races last year and it was pressure washed every week. At the end of the year the vinyl still looked new. Also another thing to think about is you dont want to be too high on price because with a sprint car they might go through a wing or two a year. What you have to consider with a design is not to have too many sharp points because that is where it usually starts to lift.

And Vinylmotivations, Oracal 651 will be just fine for the speeds. Our sprint car turns about 120mph average, and we have used 651 on our ARCA car when we went to daytona, so it will hold up to 170+mph, just all depends on how it was installed.

For the price id be at $400(I am usually on the lower side for pricing), but the install can be a pain in the but with all the rivets on the wings and the compound curve on the tail, So your atleast in the ball bark, and not way too high.

ToddHoddick.com

I have no doubts you're probably correct, I am only speaking from a co-worker of mine as he has been racing for a number of years. The guy he uses uses only cast as it contours better around rivets and does hold up better with less shrinkage etc. Most of the guys around here will pay anywhere from 5-700$ for a full car. Dimes in a bucket as far as most are concerned that have healthy budgets from sponsors.... especially when they want to look their best.

400-450 seems pretty cheap especially if you're doing the installation work.... ie. lots of curves, rivets etc.

Make sure that $450 you quoted is enough to cover labor expenses. Its gonna be touch getting vinyl on such contoured and bumpy surfaces

yea tail tanks can be a pain! although there is nothing worse then a tiny number on a tail tank.. remember try not to use hologram vinyl being it doesnt conform well,it will work but adds time working over all the rivits....the price seem fair as long as it isnt to crazy..i like to have a new customer bring a pic of what they are looking for,or a car they like so i have an idea what they want and i dont disappoin.some drivers just want it plain others want it crazy and are willing to pay for it..i charged the same for this microsprint but that was like 6 years ago and i painted the graphics,just vinyl for the lettering..

post-5419-0-57846400-1304955577_thumb.jp