Neuromax

Best place to buy Corel Draw X5 or Adobe Illustrator

I have a new Graphtec CE5000-60 and my home edition of CD doesn't work with the plug in to cut. I need a full retail version. I see several on ebay for around $65 shipped which just seems too good to be true but its possible I guess. Anyone have any suggestions on the best price for either CDX5 or AI?

Thanks

Best bet for a non pirated would be through a university if you know anyone who can get it for you

Best bet for a non pirated would be through a university if you know anyone who can get it for you

Remember the user agreement on educational software is for non commercial use only

The educational versions wont work, it has to be full retail to work with Graphtecs software. The full retail version has Visual Basic included and the student or home versions do not.

What is everyone else using besides these two? I have signblazer figured out pretty well and it works great on my Graphtec, better even than on the copam. But my main reason for wanting to use something else is for contour cutting.

I usea combination of Inkscape (FREE, and just as powerful as corel IMO) and SignCut Pro- you can get a lifetime licensed dongle of this for about 300$, or go yearly/4 years for 88/189$ or something of that nature. Trial is free and fully functional.

Also Signcut will do contour cutting as well.

That is not true...I use CorelDraw X4 academic with a Graphtec FC8000-75. The GPGL language works the same. I haven't noticed any difference between the Academic vs Full Version. So far no one has truly clarified the difference. Does anyone really benefit from the so called Full Version than Academic?

I purchased Corel Graphics Suite X3 (13) back in 08? off of a fleabay seller after some research. Had no problem registering the product with Corel and am still hounded to this day by Corel with reminders that I should update to the latest greatest improved version; am inclineed to believe I have a legit version. I looked after seeing this thread and see multiple sellers offering various versions of Corel for $65 or less. It appears to me some attempt to copy other listings without a mastery of English and I'd probably shy away from them. If I had a need for this product, I'd have no reservations in purchasing via fleabay or similar means from one of the sellers with 2000+ sales, once I felt comfortable with all of the listing's fine print.

That is not true...I use CorelDraw X4 academic with a Graphtec FC8000-75. The GPGL language works the same. I haven't noticed any difference between the Academic vs Full Version. So far no one has truly clarified the difference. Does anyone really benefit from the so called Full Version than Academic?

From what I have been told the academic version works great as does my download version. The issue is using it directly to cut using graphtec's plug in software. Are you using it that way or are you using a third party software to cut? If you are using another cut software which one?

Thanks

From what I have been told the academic version works great as does my download version. The issue is using it directly to cut using graphtec's plug in software. Are you using it that way or are you using a third party software to cut? If you are using another cut software which one?

Thanks

I use the Cut Master 2 directly in CorelDraw. I have never had any problems with plugins. It doesn't matter about the version because you are directing the install path to the plug in folder of Corel. So obviously, no one is comparing the difference between the two. This causes a lot of misconception for beginners who wants to get into graphics without spending alot of money. As myself, I have not seen a difference but hearsay about Academic or Commercial versions. I know for one, buying an Academic version, you do not get the large box. It comes in a shrink wrap case...that's it.

You were right, THANKS, you saved me from spending a lot of money I didn't need to. The version I have works great with the plug in. Its strange but it wouldn't work with the CD I got with my graphtec but I downloaded the same software from the Graphtec site and the plug in's work great!

Glad I can help. I had no one to go to when I started doing graphics. A lot of shortcuts came from forums and long late hours.